ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for a change help!

Clio 182 Full fat
Got a 182 full fat+recaros at the moment, but want something faster, what do you guys think of evo 6's ?
Friend of a friend has go a minter for sale wants 10k for it on a s plate and running 350bhp full leather/alcantra interior recaros, mint body work very well looked after only reason his selling is his moving aboard.

what else is in the 10-12k price bracket thats quicker than the clio but with poteinal to be even quicker without spending silly money. and not going too old, preferably something with some reliablity.

i love the clio to bits but i want something quicker had it since jan last year nothing has ever gone wrong with it (touches wood), just feel like a change now

Many thanks Billy

182 inside
have you seen the running costs of an evo. That's why i bought my 172. I looked into getting scooby or evo but i definately couldn't afford an engine rebuild or major brake service till i'm rich.

impreza sti prodrive
go for it. evo's ect are relaible the running costs arnt that high. a good freind of mine has an evo 6 with around 350bhp i have drove it on numerus ocasions & i loved it. cant wait to get 1 myself tbh. also 10k isnt to bad aslong as its clean with service history ect & rtecipts for mods.

Ford Racing Puma
I just got a Focus RS and love it. Spent £1,200 on mods (bluefin, sports cat and milltek exhaust) and has been rolling roaded at 255 bhp...

It is extremely rapid, good looking and reliable, and cheap to look after.

Only down side is the fuel costs... £50 of Vmax gets me 220 miles tops :S

clio 200 F4Rt
i was looking at EVO's, but once i found out about the servicing, i moved away.

Super short intervals 4.5k - 8k depending on model, and its not jsut an oil change, gotta do diff oil etc too.

Hence why i have a JDM Impreza Spec-C on order!

Clio 182 Full fat
i looked at the servicing its about 80 quid every 4k i dont think its too bad considering the relabilty and performance you get, i do around 8k a year so for me its not too bad

this is the one im looking at
evo6Medium.jpg

Clio 182 Full fat
also

Black 2005 Clio Sport 182 Full Fat with Recaros for sale

19051 miles
Full service History
Mint condition all ways kept clean
Usual spec 182 + Recaors these where factory fitted not aftermarket

Looking for around £10,500 but il listen to offers
email me on v3locity@hotmail.com or billywright85@hotmail.com if your intrested based in Hertfordshire, check my emails everyday

Clio 182 Full fat
CTR, cheaper to mod with good gains :)

good mate of mine has one supercharged 0-60 in 5.1, spent 6 odd grand on it, this evo does 0-60 in 4.8 put 4 grand more into it bigger turbo ecu remapped new intakes looking at 450 0-60 in 3.8, ive looked into it alot to me seems the better opition, plus im not a fan of the CTR looks like a space ship with wheels on it

Mountune Tractor
go for it. evo's ect are relaible the running costs arnt that high. a good freind of mine has an evo 6 with around 350bhp i have drove it on numerus ocasions & i loved it. cant wait to get 1 myself tbh. also 10k isnt to bad aslong as its clean with service history ect & rtecipts for mods.

Running costs aren't that high?
There is an evo owner on here, can't remember his name but he gets less than 200 miles from £50 of optimax. Your fuel bill for the year covering 8k will be over 2 grand.

Clio 172 mk2 & Clio 3 DCi
my first post:D . i have just come from owning an early classic scooby. they arent as costly to run as an evo but still cost a lot to run day in and day out.

it was luckily a second car though.

if you are going to run it as your only car be prepared for big bills, you dont know the meaning of "costly to run" until you run and evo or a scooby. :eek:

having said that though it was great fun and worth it for a while if you can do it. turbo lag and the popping and banging always brought a smile to my face.

why dont you look at an elise, vx220 or s2000. I imagine you can get them for the 10-12k now without a problem.

Mountune Tractor
my first post:D . i have just come from owning an early classic scooby. they arent as costly to run as an evo but still cost a lot to run day in and day out.

it was luckily a second car though.

if you are going to run it as your only car be prepared for big bills, you dont know the meaning of "costly to run" until you run and evo or a scooby. :eek:

having said that though it was great fun and worth it for a while if you can do it. turbo lag and the popping and banging always brought a smile to my face.

why dont you look at an elise, vx220 or s2000. I imagine you can get them for the 10-12k now without a problem.

Good 1st post! Listen to this man.

Clio 172 mk2 & Clio 3 DCi
thanks boost, i do miss the scooby but travelling a 50 mile round trip everyday would be a killer on fuel so its time for a change. i miss the scooby burble and the noise of the turbo sucking in.

if you can do it then go ahead and get one, although one big tip and its worth listening too. always keep money aside for anything going badly wrong. think of a big number and double it and thats what it will cost!.

if i was allowed a two seater/convertible on the car allowance policy i would be looking at the elise's etc.

my mate has an elise and we went round europe in it a few times. cracking drive and the handling is unreal.

anyway i will shut up and be looking foward to my clio experience for 6 months or so.

Clio 182 Full fat
sound post dave, im aware of the running costs and things can go wrong with them normally at the worst time! ive got a quite well paid job and to be honest the running costs are something im aware of, but i love evos always have done, and the running costs arent a problem to me, i belive i can cover the costs. i have some money away so if that rainy does come i should be able to cover it,

just want my evo now! also it wont be used as my daily drive, ive got a company car which i use when im working away from the office.