ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for advice on 1.4RT engine setup.

Mk1 1.4 8v 80BHP
Didn't find many mk1 Clio threads, So thought i'd post this up.

Im looking to get a little bit more power out of my 1.4 8v 80BHP engine.

First things first, Im buying a de-cat next week, Then ill be looking for ideas on which cat-back system to get, And which induction kit to buy.

Im also wanting to know if anyone knows any things that fit onto the 1.4 8v that would give it a bit more power, e.g 1.6 injectors/throttle bodie.

Things like that, I don't know much about renault engines, So any advice at all would be helpful.

I only have around £400 to spent, I would like to get the clio sitting nearer the 100bhp mark.

Thanks in advance.

-Mick

Didn't find many mk1 Clio threads, So thought i'd post this up.

Im looking to get a little bit more power out of my 1.4 8v 80BHP engine.

First things first, Im buying a de-cat next week, Then ill be looking for ideas on which cat-back system to get, And which induction kit to buy.

Im also wanting to know if anyone knows any things that fit onto the 1.4 8v that would give it a bit more power, e.g 1.6 injectors/throttle bodie.

Things like that, I don't know much about renault engines, So any advice at all would be helpful.

I only have around £400 to spent, I would like to get the clio sitting nearer the 100bhp mark.

Thanks in advance.

-Mick

For the £400 mark you could easily buy and fit your self a F7P (1.8 16V) Engine.

Exhaust, alloys, lowering..

I wouldnt really bother with much else mate, tuning wont have any worthwhile effect.

Mk1 1.4 8v 80BHP
Exhaust, alloys, lowering..

I wouldnt really bother with much else mate, tuning wont have any worthwhile effect.

Have alloys and its lowered mate, Just trying to decide on an exhaust, any ideas?

14332370a9765026678l.jpg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Without spending silly money, 25% power gain is going to be near impossible...!?

how about losing 25% of the weight in the car ... back seats, spare wheel etc to start with ..

or go half and half - a de-cat and maybe a remap might get you 10% power for your budget .. lose 15% weight and you're just about there

:cool: