ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking to buy this williams, but how much should i pay??

clio 172
with them being as old as they are..that will be a massive money pit come mot time...

so find the price of a good 1 with full mot....then take away £600 off of it.

2010 focus Rs
that one your looking at looks like an abused model, would stay away from it, finding the right williams can take a long time and is worth the wait if your patient, have a look on pistonheads theres a few on there atm.

clio 172
also...check that it aint a valver..made to look like a williams...damn difficult to spot a real un from a foney!

2010 focus Rs
also...check that it aint a valver..made to look like a williams...damn difficult to spot a real un from a foney!

yeah check things like the door seals they should say williams, also check the loggy, will say in there!

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
Dont know about hard to MOT???? Mine flies through with no bother! and from owning it nearly 2 years i have spent very little, unless for usual service and cam belt change to be on the safe side.
Just take time and take a realy good look around it, especialy the rear arches. IMO that one could be worth around the £1800 mark? Youl not regret buying a williams!

C

clvs2222

^^thats the kind of advise i wanted!

tezza88, why does it look like an abused example? thought it looked quite clean.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Yes i must admit it does look very clean, the arches are looking respectable and the alloys aren't too bad either, but what did let it down was the engine bay. It lacks the looked after touches such as the scruffy heat shield, shabby sparkplug cover and missing engine mount cover etc.

I would be willing to give that a punt but if it is local i would arrange a view first. Check for rusty sills, gearbox crunching/whining, smokey engine and go over the service history etc. IMHO probably worth upto £800 if your buying blind with no MOT.

Best of luck.

clio 1.2 - 51 plate
it looks pretty sweet from the pics chris, have a look and see what you think, no harm in checking it out.....

C

clvs2222

yes mossy, i did spot the engine flaws.

iv sent him a email asking for a viewing. aint heard nothing yet though.

Clio 182 cup'd
that one your looking at looks like an abused model, would stay away from it, finding the right williams can take a long time and is worth the wait if your patient, have a look on pistonheads theres a few on there atm.

Why does it look abused?!lol

Formally Clio 182
The listing says £400 at the bottom so I'm guessing that's the reserve or the out of auction price if you contact him.

C

clvs2222

^^it just says that the car hasnt been looked after that well. if it was owned by an enthusiast then it would be perfect.

C

clvs2222

the heatshield on the williams is very important from what iv heard. something to do with fuel lines.

2010 focus Rs

Why does it look abused?!lol

ok its not abused like some i have seen but theres a few things that i spotted that show it isn't the most cared for one, got little things such as engine mount cover missing, coolant bottle filth, that heat shield thats ment to be covering the vital pipes, just seems a bit untidy under the bonnet shows it 105k millage, seen alot better on that millage, also if its as good and reliable as he states why hasnt he put it through its MOT...? seems a bit off to not put it through as you know thats a vital selling point on an older car, also whats with the steering wheel? turns me away that does, you buy a williams for its originality?!

172 Cup
i paid 1700 for mine 3 yrs ago, the chassis is mint, no rust what so ever but the paint work had seen better days! Id set back 3k for a minter of one!

For that you can get sub 70k miles with alot of comprehensive service history :)