ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looks like the clio’s going.....

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Met up with PuntoGT3 from here this weekend to look at each others cars. We both had a little go and all was well. He liked the smoothness of acceleration of the valver and i liked the harshness of his acceleration! Turbos are fun! lol

Its supposedly running around 170bhp and felt the same as my valver in terms of straight line speed just got there in a very different way!

Had my mechanic mate look over it and seemed ok other than a oil leak. Twas a strange leak though as we could smell oil burning and my mate said it looked as if oil was getting onto the manifold and burning from somewhere. Also on the m/way you could see oil/smoke coming from the bottom of the car somewhere. Anyone got any ideas?

He said hell get this sorted for me though with a receipt for proof so it looks as if the clio will go!

It might be the Turbo.........If i remember rightly the turbo on them are at the back bottom of the engine, A bit of a b**ch to do.

The turbo on my old one was a little like that, Started blowing first then just got gradually worse until smoke was coming out the back. I needed a total new turbo and it wasnt cheap!!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah the turbo is at the back. It was weird though as there wasnt smoke out of the exhaust. Just oil from the botton of the car when it was on boost on the m/way.

The Turbo is pretty new on it anyways.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Thinking about it, the best way to describe it was it was like the oil filter was slightly loose.

possibly an oil feed/return pipe on the turbo with a small hole or split in it ? sometimes these things open up more when up to temp or when you get oil pressure.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Tony yep and what i have been told is its likely to be what Looney just said above.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Its going under the knife Thursday so hopefully all will be well. The guy at the garage said hes gonna change oil filter and check the oil return on the turbo firstly then if its not that he said its time to get grubby lol in his words. Oh btw all thats my Punto Toms talking about! And whats wrong with my wheels TOM EH!! lol. Dont have n e rust tho do I!! lol.

Full Fat 182

Go for it.

I used to have a MK2 Uno Turbo and loved it. I hope that the punto is better at getting fround corners as the uno wasnt.

I had the big turbo conversion and ... well i miss it still to this day.

Smiles for miles. It was the "will it get round the corner" thrill. But give it credit it always did.

Prefer the standard wheels! I had a Punto Sporting and loved it - imagine the GT would be great fun. Mine cornered well, know what you mean about the Uno T ^^^

Go for it mate....

Never driven a Valver, but handling wise my mates GT isnt as good as the Willy...

Weve dropped it, then raised it a bit cos it was too low...it helped handling wise, coilovers are the next thing tho...

Not a big fan of Puntos but my mates one - looks wise is just about right, well nearly - just a few little things left to do...

Do love the turbo power tho...

http://www.dj-illusion.co.uk/albums/ebay/sideValley800.sized.jpg

http://www.dj-illusion.co.uk/albums/ebay/frontRoad800.sized.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Dan Page on 19 October 2004

he got rid of the original anthracite wheels, they are the tits!
Thats the thing though mate. May mate has a spare set. Might get them on there and dump it 60mil.

Iv seen one on them with a 60mm drop does look the tits. I remember I sold the standards for the wheels that are on it but I think mine in anthracite look just as good!

Skoda Fabia vRS

if your changing the wheels then remember Fiats have a 98 PCD so bugger all fits them, so you have to use 100 PCD wheels with wobbly bolts which are about £40 a set

nice motors - I loved my old (yellow!) GT - traffic light grand-prix in the wet was a nightmare though, even got burned off by a 1L Metro once!

Also managed to get just 3k out of the first set of front tyres :eek:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah i see it as a good change. Its running about 170Bhp according to PuntoGT3 with a Bleed, Seb Chip, Filter, exhaust and decat. When i droveit the other day it felt to be very much the same speed as my valver. Just gets to speed in a very different way! Itll be nippier round town no doubt with the help of that whistle!

Just picks up very quickly and holds the performance all the way to 6500rpm with a 7200rpm limit from the Superchip. Valvers performance I feel would be the same when u get the revs up, I think at first the Punto would have the advantage till around 5k on the valver