ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loss of interest

clio 172
I have a ph 2 172 ff an I find that some times i have no interest in my car at all. It feels slow, noisy and rattles alot. i have considered selling it alot of times. But then one day when the sun is out, there is no traffic around and i am on a good road i fall in love with it again. This happened the other day an when i got home i ended up ordering aload of new bits from K-tec!

Just thought i would try an start a discussion an see if everyone else feels the same as i am fairly bored at the mo!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I get that all the time. I just use my A6 for a couple of days. Then when I get back into the clio, it feels like the starship enterprise!! lol

visualize whirled pe
I have been like this with every car I've ever owned so far. The problem with cars is that there is so much choice available, think how many fantastic cars there are out there for sub £10k, and when you find a few niggles with your own car the grass always seems greener on the other side.

It'd be easier to be one of those people that just loves their car regardless and is more than happy with it 100% of the time rather than walk past a sales pitch or spend half an hour on pistonheads and start pining for a new car. I love it when you hear of old folk who have bought a car in the 60/70's and kept it ever since.

Clio F1 R27
I have a ph 2 172 ff an I find that some times i have no interest in my car at all. It feels slow, noisy and rattles alot. i have considered selling it alot of times. But then one day when the sun is out, there is no traffic around and i am on a good road i fall in love with it again. This happened the other day an when i got home i ended up ordering aload of new bits from K-tec!

Just thought i would try an start a discussion an see if everyone else feels the same as i am fairly bored at the mo!

It shouldn't feel slow if you're maintaining it properly.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm lucky enough to drive a van at work so therefore the clio feels quick to me each time I get in it.

clio 172
Sorry didn't word that bit very well.

I meant to say sometimes i wish it had more power (doesn't everyone)
Trouble is i'm to tight to spend the money on real tuning!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sorry didn't word that bit very well.

I meant to say sometimes i wish it had more power (doesn't everyone)
Trouble is i'm to tight to spend the money on real tuning!

And membership by the looks of things. :rasp:

visualize whirled pe
I went out today in my car, the sun was shining, the road was fairly clear, I was on the A46 50mph bit up the hill out of Bath and I was having one of them 'I like my car moments' ......then in my mirror I spotted one of those R8's in black, i said to my gf "you listen to this b*****d when it comes past" so I wound my window down and it over-took me under the bridge, I might as well have been in reverse, it took off like a rocket. For the rest of the journey I didn't think about my car, I was just wanting that damn R8 haha.

Stop driving it like a girl and get it over 5k and then your smile!!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well hows this for a comparison. I drive to work, drive around in Elises and Exiges, get in it to go home and still don't find it slow!

I do have days where i don't love it as much....usually when its dirty or rattling more than usual, but then i know its time to go out for a proper DRIVE not a commute!

106 GTi
Is the opposite for me I used mine to commute to work today and loved my drive to work and back, and made sure I came home the fun way. My lack of use means it feels new when I do use it, though I still am at the fancying a change mindset, but as soon as I drive it I wonder why I am thinking of selling.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Is the opposite for me I used mine to commute to work today and loved my drive to work and back, and made sure I came home the fun way. My lack of use means it feels new when I do use it, though I still am at the fancying a change mindset, but as soon as I drive it I wonder why I am thinking of selling.

if i was in your position, which i am!! lol, 306 daily drive and 182 as toy car, i feel there a better cars to use sparingly than a 182, not saying the 182 is a bad car i love it, but 205gti;) etc would be better as a weekend car i reckon!!

106 GTi
Done the 205 GTi thing don't want another either want a track prepared 106 GTi or an Elise. I know what you mean, The problem is funds, the Elise for example would mean spending money that I should not be spending on cars lol

Clio 182
I've been looking for another car for the past year, i'm bored with the daily drive to work and back in it, never taking it over 4k revs because its just town driving and sitting in traffic and i'm always enquiring about other cars, but then I clean it and take it for a blast and I fall in love with it again and can't bring myself to sell it. If it was a second car I dont think i'd ever sell it because driving it would be like a treat each time. I'm sure if I did buy new car i'd feel the same about that after a couple of months and just be in more debt for doing it!

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I have been fed up of my Gayolf TDi for almost 42 months now (as long as I've had it), but it's cheap

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Done the 205 GTi thing don't want another either want a track prepared 106 GTi or an Elise. I know what you mean, The problem is funds, the Elise for example would mean spending money that I should not be spending on cars lol

you dont need to spend that much, my mates 306 rallye was quality!!! or even a 106rallye, or mk1/2 golf gti , otherwise the 182 will just depreciate like a mofo. Whatever car you get make sure it doesnt clash with your neighbours yellow garage or else your pics will look pants!!

Golf
only had mine about 3 month so a still love it, helps that a get picked up and dropped off at me door so a only really use it on the weekend

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
I road test cars in my job, so I'm always driving things that are either newer/less rattly/faster/more expensive/more economical/more 'something else' than my Clio. It's a bit of a curse really lol, it means i'll never be completely happy with my own car :(

106 GTi

you dont need to spend that much, my mates 306 rallye was quality!!! or even a 106rallye, or mk1/2 golf gti , otherwise the 182 will just depreciate like a mofo. Whatever car you get make sure it doesnt clash with your neighbours yellow garage or else your pics will look pants!!

106 GTi will free up money finding one I am happy with is the issue there may have a couple to view at the weekend. Have considered a Rallye or 6 but I am not to sure.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i love my 306 albeit hdi, but i think they look nice moonstone blue ftw

Golf
106 rallye's are mint, a mates got one thats had a vts conversion and its awesome, his is quicker than me 172 although a bit less bhp and proably handles just aswell

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
I'd love a Mk1 Golf GTi but try and find a mint one with less than 120,000 on the clock. Rarer than gnat boobs.

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
I'd love a Mk1 Golf GTi but try and find a mint one with less than 120,000 on the clock. Rarer than gnat boobs.

Just get the newer alternative, I did :rasp:

Lol I thought about it, but they hold their money so well that decent ones with reasonable miles are just silly money. I know you get it back eventually but I couldn't afford the payments in the first place.

Just get the newer alternative, I did :rasp:

Lol I thought about it, but they hold their money so well that decent ones with reasonable miles are just silly money. I know you get it back eventually but I couldn't afford the payments in the first place.

True, they are slowly coming down secondhand, would feel abit slower than the 182 though. Theres a few on ebay atm, this one is especially tempting because it has leather (uber rare), location is abit of a shame though.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-Volkswag...oryZ9873QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Yeah I know it'd feel a bit slower but they're really rated as a small, fun driver's car. That's a small, fun car, not a car for a small, fun driver ;)

Tbh most of my driving at the mo is just boring in-town stuff. Had a very expensive couple of months Jan and Feb so I'm trying to drive my car as little as possible to try and bring expenses back down. It'd be a damn site easier if I had a car that did more than 30mpg average in an urban setting. And yes, I'm being as gentle with it as humanly possible, missing 3rd gear out, only breathing on the throttle etc etc. Sometimes it gets me down and makes me want to chop it in for a fabia vrs or something...

Yeah I know it'd feel a bit slower but they're really rated as a small, fun driver's car. That's a small, fun car, not a car for a small, fun driver ;)

Tbh most of my driving at the mo is just boring in-town stuff. Had a very expensive couple of months Jan and Feb so I'm trying to drive my car as little as possible to try and bring expenses back down. It'd be a damn site easier if I had a car that did more than 30mpg average in an urban setting. And yes, I'm being as gentle with it as humanly possible, missing 3rd gear out, only breathing on the throttle etc etc. Sometimes it gets me down and makes me want to chop it in for a fabia vrs or something...

Lol, I know what you mean about town driving stuff, if public transport was better i would use that, driving around town/cities is no fun! I get around 160 miles to £20 no matter what I do with it! I don't have a trip computer, you don't need one of them in a hot hatch ;)
Seat Ibiza Cupra Tdi is likely to be my next bus if I have to increase my mileage.

Mk1 Eunos Roadster

Lol, I know what you mean about town driving stuff, if public transport was better i would use that, driving around town/cities is no fun! I get around 160 miles to £20 no matter what I do with it! I don't have a trip computer, you don't need one of them in a hot hatch ;)
Seat Ibiza Cupra Tdi is likely to be my next bus if I have to increase my mileage.

Same car as the Fabia isn't it, just a bit less ugly? :clown: And for comparison £20 gets me about 130 miles :(

Near enough, yep, I ve nothing against the Fabia at all great cars, I just don't fancy a five door, all the lads with think my girlfriends got a cake in the oven!
Nothing against the skoda badge at all mind, the Ibiza does feel a more modern car though, the VRS I looked at was abit tatty though.
130/160 miles hardly much in it!

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Near enough, yep, I ve nothing against the Fabia at all great cars, I just don't fancy a five door, all the lads with think my girlfriends got a cake in the oven!
Nothing against the skoda badge at all mind, the Ibiza does feel a more modern car though, the VRS I looked at was abit tatty though.
130/160 miles hardly much in it!

No, that's why if I had to change I'd probably be forced to get a diesel. Fabia most likely, I'm not too keen on the Ibiza styling. Although I'll admit I'm not too happy about the 5 doors thing either.

Suzuki Swift Sport
I know exactly what you mean... sometimes i hate my clio and think im going to sell it, and other times i just seem to connect with it and love it to bits, think all the road works im having to queue for at the mo on the way to work are not helping! going for a drive up the dales in it next weekend so should help! Just was spoilt by the rattle free and bmw feel of the cooper s - even if it didnt probably handle as well as the clio...