ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lots of oil on top of gearbox.

2004 182FF
Car has full service history with 91k miles. No gearbox oil change ever recorded.

Ordered some to arrive during the week but was bored so thought I'd do a dry run taking the airbox out etc. Just to kill some time.

Any idea where this lot has come from? It was mostly stained but looked wet in patches.

5eac02fb-2644-8e75.jpg

And do I fill through the side butterfly plug until it seeps out or undo butterfly plug and fill using this until it seeps out of the side?

5eac02fb-2681-ca10.jpg

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
coming out of the breather, usual shite with renaults, nothing to worry about tbh

2004 182FF
Doesn't that mean its potentially running on 91k old oil and under-filled cause it's pissed a load out of the top?

Guess I'm changing it anyway so doesn't matter I guess.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Doesn't that mean its potentially running on 91k old oil and under-filled cause it's pissed a load out of the top?

Guess I'm changing it anyway so doesn't matter I guess.

surely you check your oil at least once a week so would know if its under filled? :p

its nothin to worry about as said above, I bet every other RS clio will have the same damp patch in the same place

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
it could be just a spillage where the gearbox oil has been topped up, or changed previously?