ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loud Induction Noise

Up rocks
Putting performance issues aside, whats the loudest induction setup you've heard/seen on a 172/182?

Mine is proper loud, i have a standard filter and airbox with a few small holes drilled into the cold side of the box and have bypassed the acoustic valve. I'd say mine was louder and much deeper than the Simota kit, but i've only heard that on video clips. The Clio has such a nice sound i want to make the most of it and maybe get it a bit louder (if thats at all possible).

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
ive got a bmc. running it without a caf at the mo. its really loud especially when gunning it.

Up rocks
ive got a bmc. running it without a caf at the mo. its really loud especially when gunning it.

That was my 1st though, had a BMC on my Cupra and ran a gap of about 2" between the CAF and the carbon fliter housing. The roar from that was immense as the air echoed in the carbon housing.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
hummm... i might drill a few holes in the old box, going to rip it out and grind out all the plastic fins in ther as they slow airflow and think that will make it louder, so ther you go, if you have a hour or two spare, get a dremmel or somthing similar, and remove all the plastic fins in the airbox, proformance gain of around 0.2 bhp prob!! WOW lol, but will most prob make it abit louder.

Up rocks
hummm... i might drill a few holes in the old box, going to rip it out and grind out all the plastic fins in ther as they slow airflow and think that will make it louder, so ther you go, if you have a hour or two spare, get a dremmel or somthing similar, and remove all the plastic fins in the airbox, proformance gain of around 0.2 bhp prob!! WOW lol, but will most prob make it abit louder.

Don't drill too many holes as you could make it quieter, if the air dosnt echo in the lower half of the box you get the same sort of sound as a naff open cone.

Mine isnt shy!! But not a 172/182

:S

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Open K&N 57i Kit made a pretty good sound..... Now running a Ph1 Airbox which also has a Nice Rumble to it and I'm yet to hook up any new CAF's to it