ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loud standard exhaust

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
The original Renault back box fell off my car so I got a replacement from the autofactors for £70, nothing special just the one you'd get on any car if you asked for a new exhaust. I went for that because I'm not interested in having a louder car. It's different to the Renault one obviously but I didn't expect the noise to change as much as it has. It sounds pretty chavvy at low revs and all I can here is exhaust noise, then higher up the rev range it's a lot lot louder than before.

Has anyone else had anything like this before? There are definitely no other holes anywhere, I'm 100% sure all of the noise is coming from the back box. I went back to the autofactors and they agree that it shouldn't sound like that and offered me a replacement, but I wonder if it's worth the hassle to change it. Is it even possible for it to be faulty? I'm hoping it might settle down, but after 400 odd miles nothing has changed.