ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

= loudest exhaust in the world

Thanks to Chris at Carnoisseur (Southend) I now have a supersprint full exhaust including decat on my car ( no warning lights). After seeing/heering Dogmauls last week my mind was made up that it had to be this one.

Its just so LOUD its untrue, I know it will settle a bit just been enjoying thrashing car round as ive been taking it steady last 2 weeks with the back box blowing and then eventually falling off.

what supersprint did you get mate?

and how much did it cost you and has the place u got it from got a website or number ? cheers mate

its the supersprint race system 70mm bore with decat

he got it from carnoisseur southend for £469 inc vat and delivery

website is http://www.carnoisseur.co.ukwww.carnoisseur.co.uk phone number is 01702482545

i know this as i was the first one with it on :D

its stupidly loud it really is its not loud its f**king stupid!!!!

only the first lamda sensor is connected it dont need 2 on the 172 just un clip it and voila no lights

supersprint makes a header and exhaust for the 1.4L 16v ph2 as far as i know...i will be getting it in mine by end november...only thing is, it is fecking ex here in singapore...*sigh* i envy all you guys in europe :(

nope the race system is only for the racing car lol but they do a street system for the 1.2 i think

look at www.supersprint.com

Dont go near 70mm bore piping on a 1.2 16v as youll lose a sh*tload of BHP! Even my 2.5" (60mm) Scorpion system gives much less torque, particularly low-end, and slows the car down across most of the rev range. 70mm with decat would be a daft proposition for a 1.2. Although Id dispute that it would sound sh*t, no one can believe my cars a 1.2 as it grumbles like a 5.0 V8!!

ok.... well i was only asking! but i dont see the 172 as a race car :S

right... will a decat on my car change much?

and how do i know if the exhausts from k-tec and remus will have a to big a bore for my motor if u get me?

oh, i was just under the assumption that the the cup was the race version of the 172 and the 172 was mainly just for road use.

thanks for fielding my questions dogmaul, just to add yes there were no problems with the 2nd lambda sensor just unplluged it. and yes it is VERY loud. not sure if dogmaul will be at donnington in his car but i will.

ps like the race car comments

err between 85 and 100 traffic permitting its M4 rush hour so.....

I mean i had a Remus system on my golf 1.6 but this supersprint exhaust looks a hole different level.

Basically i dont wanna end up gettin one and then having 2 sell it after a month because i get 2 work with a head ache and i cant c straight.

well its loudest at 80mph mate or where ever it hits 4k rpm its just very loud there but at 85 its quieter and above that really quite quiet but put ya foot down and off it goes again

Ive got a Scorpon Boxer cat-back GrpA spec system. And although it sounds mint, I suspect it has lost me power rather than gained anything, but hey, its not exactly a racing car in the first place (unlike like these 172 Racers mentioned above!). Im happy with good looks and sound, and enough pace to nip in and out of traffic and beat most things off the lights when Im trying! The exhaust wasnt designed for a 1.2, it fits all models from 1.2 to 1.6 16v, except the diesels and the 172.

im not saying road 172s are race cars but the engine is used in the race series so thats why the group n/a parts work so well in them

you could say that about a yugo but all im saying is the reason there is a race system for the 172 is because tere is a race seriese for them and a demand for them in motor sport how many 1.2 clio rally cars have you seen ??? yes 1.6s but they are super 1600s and far far removed from the normal 1.6 lump. they wont spend time and money developing a system for a 1.2 as there is no need for it at all its just a waste

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 16 October 2003

well it is it can be just as evective if driven properly as proven by fred against yozs cup

AUTOGRAPHS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT DONNINGTON:D