ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

love hate clio

phase 1 flamer 172
When im driving my 172 I love it, when it comes to doing any work on it I hate it, with a vengeance.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I like a fault, when I can fix it. When I have one on going for several months though (like I have atm) it does start to drive me mad! Although all cars are the same.

Renault Clio 182 BG
Its not so much the repairing its the cost involved and time to do it.
When mine started misfiring (making schoolboy error) the last thing on the repair list sorted it :/

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
If you do enough work on it everything is nice and easy to undo, then it's not so bad.

I think I've worked on at least one of our clios for 2 weeks straight now. I hugely dislike how illogical the design of somethings is. I never forget that to remove the alternator on the DCI you have to take the oil filter off!

Agree they are great cars to drive but an ass to work on!

Don't take it to a garage, you never bond with it quite the same.

edit: agree with the above, limited fault codes make it a nightmare with electircal problems. My old VWs would throw a code as soon as something small was up. That was useful. The Renault waits until it's dead to throw a code and then sometimes forgets. There is even a code which is "unrecognised fault"

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Its not so much the repairing its the cost involved and time to do it.
When mine started misfiring (making schoolboy error) the last thing on the repair list sorted it :/

Time yes, never have enough of it... but cost? Not really on a Mk2 Clio, most things are pretty cheap.

Renault Clio 182 BG
Time yes, never have enough of it... but cost? Not really on a Mk2 Clio, most things are pretty cheap.

Granted true, most things are cheap enough, ive just done rear brake pads, disc's and bearings for just shy of £60 but its just unexpected sting. It wont be long and ill be needing a new lot of injectors, their dirt cheap compared to some cars but when time by 4 its not pocket money.