ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Love plastidip!

Albi blue 197
Decided i would carry on with the black and blue theme on the 197, ordered a can of black plastidip and sprayed my bullets and both diamonds looks ten times better now, going to order some more and do the renaultsport badge on the boot and door handles! Sorry for the iphone photos

before:
650DE361-617D-43B0-9609-E7D2BAD316E6-6128-000006085D8824D6_zps710b7714.gif

after:
572B22F1-5994-422E-A85E-8D3A95271322-6128-000006086754D460_zpsb9788614.jpg

work for BMW
yea i have watched a fair few videos about it , i want to do my whole car in gloss white but that = spray gun, gallons of paint, thinner , prep stuff = £300+

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
The most easiest thing to use and do, effortless as normally a great finish.
ive done a couple of wheels in the past aswell as a few badges, always been happy with the finish.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Of course the nice thing about plastidip is you can remove detail using a sharp knife, allowing you to let the base colour through at certain places.

For example with this badge, I'd remove the plastidip over the letters, so then you have silver lettering on a black background. Should look nice.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Of course the nice thing about plastidip is you can remove detail using a sharp knife, allowing you to let the base colour through at certain places.

For example with this badge, I'd remove the plastidip over the letters, so then you have silver lettering on a black background. Should look nice.

I think that would end up looking messy. You would need to perfectly the trace around the letters without over scoring on corners, and you would also score the plastic underneath if not careful.

I agree it would look good, but most people would mess that up, especially on the curves.

Clio DCi 100

From what I've watched about plasti-dip on youtube it seems best to do that not long after you've painted as it hasn't completely set and peels off around any grooves fairly nicely. Otherwise as J.B said you may end up scoring the plastic underneath. Heres what i mean (peeling starts at 6.55):

[video=youtube_share;jayyTUy3GTw]http://youtu.be/jayyTUy3GTw[/video]

Looks good tho. I cant wait to get my hands on some and start experimenting a bit, n if i don't like it, peel it off lol.

182 T
How do you clean it? Can you treat it relatively normally for the sake of washing? If I plasti-dip wheels and they get covered in absolute filth for which id usually use a stiff brush and muc-off for am I going to brake the coating?

04BGFF182CLIORS
How do you clean it? Can you treat it relatively normally for the sake of washing? If I plasti-dip wheels and they get covered in absolute filth for which id usually use a stiff brush and muc-off for am I going to brake the coating?

Also would like to know this, info online about after-care seems lacking! Have visions of the jetwash blowing it off!

Albi blue 197
I think it's pretty durable when washing, there's plenty of videos on YouTube of it being used, taken off, washing etc

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Washing I think is washing up liquid jog. There is a chap offering the serice on here. Have a look at that thread - has videos of a guy jetwashing plastidip at very close range. No peeling whatsoever.

Just been watching a load of you tube videos by dipyourcarcom and they power washed cars from 6 inches and the dip is fine. I think I'm going to do my grill black in a few weeks

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
I've had plastidip on my car for almost 2 years and its been through every weather imaginable. It's been powerwashed (with an industrial size one) probably 100 times, and had all sorts of cleaning products used on it. I've never touched it up and is only in the last 2 months starting to show signs of wear and tear. Theres a few stone chip holes and the finish is looking a little worn. From memory i only did about 3 coats, so its held up very well! Fantastic stuff!

I've had plastidip on my car for almost 2 years and its been through every weather imaginable. It's been powerwashed (with an industrial size one) probably 100 times, and had all sorts of cleaning products used on it. I've never touched it up and is only in the last 2 months starting to show signs of wear and tear. Theres a few stone chip holes and the finish is looking a little worn. From memory i only did about 3 coats, so its held up very well! Fantastic stuff!
Nice to hear a long-term report - where abouts is it on your car?