ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lovely spec 275

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I’m not sure TBH, still working through a bunch of options. Whatever I get needs to handle a once or twice a week commute of an hour and a half each way on motorways and dual carriageways. Wouldn’t really fancy that in a standard cup chassis car, it’s just too jiggly.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Clio 172
I’m not sure TBH, still working through a bunch of options. Whatever I get needs to handle a once or twice a week commute of an hour and a half each way on motorways and dual carriageways. Wouldn’t really fancy that in a standard cup chassis car, it’s just too jiggly.

I drove mine 70miles a few times. It wasn’t bad at all tbh. The recaro’s make the interior a special place to be.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Several
Plenty of nice options, but quite a few of the last Cup-S seemed to have a lot of options thrown at them. I wonder if there were a lot of dealer demo/manager cars.

I did plenty of miles in my Cup chassis car and didn't think it was that bad unless you were on B roads.

Lovely car, though not my favourite colour.

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Mmmmmmmmm....... It’s all the money for one of these but it’s got the lot and some good names in terms of tuning and maintenance too.

Anyone driven one of these with the Ohlins? Wondering if it makes it a bit more civilised in terms of ride quality than the standard cup suspension.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202002137269205View attachment 1475870

The Ohlins are a lot more compliant, you don’t get any of that harshness or crashiness. The actually did a video comparing the two. Admittedly it was a sponsored video but does demonstrate the difference.

deanoE30M3

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not an import, it’s a genuine UK car, Renault + 1 owner.

am only going by what the advert says.They would of put the reg in for the advert on autotrader!

Attachments

• 813E3C57-228A-444E-9591-AD517471E0BB.png
    813E3C57-228A-444E-9591-AD517471E0BB.png
    532.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 3D6727EE-7212-4550-B2AC-1A3A01B0FE47.png
    3D6727EE-7212-4550-B2AC-1A3A01B0FE47.png
    486.4 KB · Views: 21

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
am only going by what the advert says.They would of put the reg in for the advert on autotrader!
Not necessarily, sometimes it’s possible to manually enter the details without the reg number, which may have caused the (incorrect) import marker, it does happen sometimes. If you read the advert it does explain that it’s a UK car...

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Not necessarily, sometimes it’s possible to manually enter the details without the reg number, which may have caused the (incorrect) import marker, it does happen sometimes. If you read the advert it does explain that it’s a UK car...

I’ve seen lot’s of Clio 200’s and RS Twingo’s listed as Silverstone GP’s even when there not. Autotrader’s system isn’t always 100% accurate......

deanoE30M3

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0

well you can never go buy what the advert says. Just because it’s in writing doesn’t mean it correct. We both should know not all is true in adverts!

I’ve seen lot’s of Clio 200’s and RS Twingo’s listed as Silverstone GP’s even when there not. Autotrader’s system isn’t always 100% accurate......

Yeah I bet you have, there trying to get more money for a basic Clio that’s why.. maybe entering it manually as you’ve said! trying pull the wool over peoples faces!

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I do wonder if these last of the line cars with the Ohlins will end up with a bit of a Clio Trophy thing going on. They are the end of an era in a lot of ways and for feedback and fun were rated more highly than the latest and greatest hot hatches.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Several
I think cars with all these options will become very sought after, though I would have concerns about having the Ohlins serviced in future. People will come back to these in the future for sure though. They were a real high point in hot hatch terms.

deanoE30M3

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spotted this car earlier on their Web site, most of their listing says "imported car". Renault's are made in France the last time I looked so...

I’ve not looked at the other cars so I wouldn’t know! Well done for knowing there made in France. WELL U.K. cars are designated for the U.K. as you should know They’re not classed as imports and don’t get a import maker. And there’s more than one manufacturer that builds cars out side of the U.K.! Otherwise all cars for sale would be classed as imports and they’d be more expensive to insure!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172 Cup
If you like it mate go for it, it’s a lovely car. I presume at that money you will carry out all your own checks anyway so there will be a peace of mind. I always say if you want it go have it it’s all about about you and what you want buddy 👍

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I think I've decided to go for two cars now, some sort of barge for the commute because I'll only be doing it once or twice a week and comfort is the most important thing plus a proper track toy. The Meg is a great option as a do it all car, but I'm thinking a Seven-a-like, Elise or similar. You only live once and all that. Also, they hardly depreciate at all.