ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loving the N97 mini

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
got an N97 mini from a forum member yesterday and its really really good.

below is a pic of the home screen (desktop as it were), on the left i have time, date, profile and my general shortcuts, blutooth, messages, web etc...

then on the right you can have RSS feeds, which i love. at the top ive got BBC UK news which ive set to auto update every hour, so i get all the head lines you then just click on the headline to get the full storey. you can have anything you want so if your a sports fan you could set it for sport. under that ive got my weather rss feed, so i get live weather for braintree.

at the bottom ive got my e-mails which ive set to check every 15mins.

the home screen and the rss feeds reminds me of vista side bar a bit. beats an iphone in my eyes ;)
i dont need an app for that, as ive got rss feeds which update automatically b**ch...

had it since yesterday and its not crashed once yet either which is a bonus lol

DSC_0002-1.jpg

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
maybe they dont know how to use it or set it up properly.

but i really do love it, touch screen and full keyboard.

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
i've got it too. had it for a couple of months now and i quite like it ! havn't even read the manual so all your fancy news, weather stuff on the 'desktop' had me :eek:

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i've got it too. had it for a couple of months now and i quite like it ! havn't even read the manual so all your fancy news, weather stuff on the 'desktop' had me :eek:

lol took a bit of time to work out how to set it up but once sorted it ace.

if you need some info just say and ill post a quick "how to"

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
lol took a bit of time to work out how to set it up but once sorted it ace.

if you need some info just say and ill post a quick "how to"

how do i get the weather, news etc up mate ? i vaguely remember seeing something when i was mucking about with it a few days ago

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ok

start by click options on the home screen, you can see options in my pic above.

then edit content

if your desktop is already full you will need to delete something before you can add something new.

so click on something then click remove.

once there is space click in that empty spot and click add content.

then from the list given click acc weather, i think thats what its called. i beleive it come preinstalled on your phone, if not let me know and ill tell you how to download it.

once you have selected it click done at the botton of the home screen. then you need to click on the weather app on your home screen and select your location etc...

the bbc news one is a little more trick if you get this one done ill go onto thr news one.

BMW M135i
Got a full N97 myself, nay bad but it does have its flaws. Will be sorted once the software is more mature no doubt in the usual nokia "release it anyway and let customers do the bug testing" fashing.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
if you look at the spec of the mini and normal there is like 10mm difference.

its really pointless, i should have got a full.

I've got a mini too, had it about a week now. I quite like it. The first thing I did was remove the FB tag from the main screen, apart form that i've not done much. Tbh it does way more than I need it to, but i'll learn it soon.

I've read a lot of reviews & most seem to favour the mini over the normal one. I did consider an Iphone, but i'm ok for now.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ive got an iphone as well, but i would take the n97 any day. im not an iphone fan and i can say that as i have one :)