ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low engine running temperature

AGH the sl*g
Right after making several breathing modifications i have considerably lowered the running temperature of the engine, its originally use to sit half way on the gauge but now runs 2 dots from the bottom.

Basically all i want to know is running it that bit colder doing any damage, i personal think it must be better but just wanting to confirm.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
deffo thermostat or temp sender issue, make sure the wires are ok to the sender

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
2 dots from the bottom? It won't go any higher???
Something sounds a bit iffy there..

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Hi jacking here, if I roll downhill my car temp drops from half by about two dots, reckon it's the thermostat?

AGH the sl*g
it use to run half way with a gash open cone ik, then fitted the jms kit and it dropped a bit bout 1 1/2 dots then i have just changed the set up to run cup racer style and it now sits on 2 dots, if i sit in traffic obviously the temp rises but soon as i set of driving she comes back down again as she should, ill have to get the rstuner plugged in and see what figures it says.

If you're changing the stat sling a new coolant temp sender in there too. About £20 each and they're right next to each other so makes sense to do both while you have the coolant out.

AGH the sl*g
That would explain the colder than normal heating. Looks like another bloody job to do on the old girl.

Easy to do, 30 mins tops. Airbox out, drop coolant three bolts off the stat housing new one in and temp sender, airbox back in, refill coolant run it up to rid airlocks top off with coolant and you're done. Just top up the coolant again once the car is cold and you're all good.