ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low enough yet?

Clio 1.4 RT
I had a spare half hour today so decided to slam the rear of the car, was just wondering how low you can go without having issues with scrapping off fuel tanks and exhausts.

3 inches lower:
DSC00032.jpg

Clio 1.4 RT
Gotta wait til 2moz lol. It was getting dark and my fone cam is a bit rubbish. The wheelarch is level with the top of the tyre, I'll get a pic of that.
Here's the only other one I got:
DSC00033.jpg

BMW E92/Audi S3
Step One. Move away from the car or move the car away from you.

Step Two. Take the picture (Please search on google on how to do that)

Step Three. Upload.

Three fairly easy steps.

Clio 1.4 RT
Ok don't take the p!ss I can hold a camera :p I just sold all my decent stuff to buy this clio.

I distracted my brother long enough to steal his slightly less crappy cam:
PICT7292.jpg

Don't worry gunna sort out the scabby steelies and paintwork

BMW E92/Audi S3
Dude. It's not the cam lol. Its like trying to take a picture of a ship on the distance, only.. You are on the ship.

Clio 1.4 RT
There's 2 reasons there's no ditance shots, the paintwork needs some touching up and the front is awaiting some lowering springs.

I'll get some full car shots at a later date, just showing how low the back is....

Clio 1.4 RT
With the micras we had a problem with lowering more than 30mm, the wheels both tipped to the right.

Any problems like that with the clio or do they stay straight? Need some shorter shocks now, I had to lean on the hub to get the shock bolt back in

Static Low
Like those dirty old citroens? lol that won't be too much lower after I get some 15's on there

like mine.

they were like air ride or some crap. once u get 15's.. bigger ? yes ? than what u have just now. will be higher off the ground.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
is abit of a fail thread though,

the title implied we were going to see something
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooowwwww,

and what you have provided not pushing any boundaries,
please tell me the front is lowered the same amount??

Clio 1.4 RT

It will be before I drive it anywhere

It will be even lower eventually (might have to slice the front springs up)

Just wanted to check how low I can go before putting it on the floor

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
well just saying, if your going for the 'low' look then you a closer to the start line than the finnish,

pull out all weather guards, and feel, if theres room there, then deck it!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
when theres a will theres a way. so long as the cars around 3inches from the ground, then anything goes.

S4 Avant
It will be even lower eventually (might have to slice the front springs up)

Oh god.

In regards to the question "low enough yet?" there isn't really a right or wrong answer...

If you think it's low enough, it is. If not, lower it more.

172 Cup
I'd be more concerned about the rest of the car tbh, not ride height.
you mentioned the paintwork needs a touch up...and your wheels obv want changing.

You messing with with ride height at this stage will just make it look like an old banger thats suspension has collapsed.

I'd fix what needs fixing, then tinker.
you're like my little brother with his megane, his car wants a good service and all he buys is subs and amps, ebay special blacked out lights etc.

Priorities boy!!

BMW E92/Audi S3

is abit of a fail thread though,

the title implied we were going to see something
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooowwwww,

and what you have provided not pushing any boundaries,

I'd be more concerned about the rest of the car tbh, not ride height.
you mentioned the paintwork needs a touch up...and your wheels obv want changing.

You messing with with ride height at this stage will just make it look like an old banger thats suspension has collapsed.

I'd fix what needs fixing, then tinker.
you're like my little brother with his megane, his car wants a good service and all he buys is subs and amps, ebay special blacked out lights etc.

Priorities boy!!

+1!!! Says sheep.

Mk 1 RT
I lowered mine by about 56mm on the rear on 14's and they sit in the arches..
its all about trial and error.

Garage
Photo072.jpg

Whole car
Photo080.jpg

just play with it and see what you like..

Ollie