ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low pressure turbo conversion

Reading the "supercharger or turbocharger" thread has got me thinking.

What would I need from the ktec kit to get a low pressure setup running. Could I do it with

turbo
manifold
downpipe
map sensor
injectors

http://k-tecracing.com/catalogue.asp?app=Clio 172/Cup/182&category=Turbos&nav=1

This comes to about 2k.

My car already has standalone management which can be used to map a turbo car so that isnt an issue.

I dont know much about turbos and how they work. How is boost controlled? Any rough ideas on what boost the engine will take with standard compression?

Audi TT 225
not sure what size turbo they use on that kit either. damn didn't know they were at FCS I would have popped over

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
not sure what size turbo they use on that kit either. damn didn't know they were at FCS I would have popped over

They were handing over flyers...well, had one on the windscreen when I went back to the car!

Stats on the flyer:-

220Bhp/270Nm @ 0.5 Bar (7PSI) boost with standard exhaust system.

Easy fitment on standard engine. No need to take engine apart!

Garrett T28 Turbo and cast Turbo manifold.
Down pip fits standard exhaust system.
Fastchip ECU reflash
Fastchip AKC (Advanced Knock Controller) to ensure reliable engine operation.
Fuel Rail
Intercooler + piping
Air filter + piping
Dump valve
sparkplugs
Heat shields
And much more.....

Kit price £2,690 - including VAT.

R35 GTR
Add on cost of fitting turbo, same as fitting a 182 exhaust manifold. Just cost me £300 to get my turbo manifold gaskets fixed.

I have a feeling that bbpt use these guys for supplying the parts as my short shifter is an MB engineering one....

My car already has cams and an OMEX ECU so it needs to be a custom map. Therefore it wont be an off the shelf kit.

You can get a Garrett T28 turbo for about £500 reconditioned.

KTEC are using an M24 ball bearing turbo (cost over 1k!). Would a T28 be the same dimensions and fitting?

My car already has cams and an OMEX ECU so it needs to be a custom map. Therefore it wont be an off the shelf kit.

You can get a Garrett T28 turbo for about £500 reconditioned.

KTEC are using an M24 ball bearing turbo (cost over 1k!). Would a T28 be the same dimensions and fitting?

Anyone?

Another question.

If you took off the 182 manifold and replaced it with the turbo setup but didnt plumb the turbo into the inlet manifold. Would the engine still run? Is the turbo OK spinning with no connections?

So if you fitted the hardware would the car still be driveable enough to get you to whoever was going to map it.

clio 172 cup/ saxo vts
you also need to rember that a turbo need to have oil running through it so that it does not seize up. So your going to need an oil feed pipe to put oil into the turbo and a oil return pipe which comes out of the turbo and into the sump of your engine. you should realy get some low comp pistions to to lower the compresion of your engine since it going to be forced induction.

you also need to rember that a turbo need to have oil running through it so that it does not seize up. So your going to need an oil feed pipe to put oil into the turbo and a oil return pipe which comes out of the turbo and into the sump of your engine. you should realy get some low comp pistions to to lower the compresion of your engine since it going to be forced induction.

Oil feed pipe is part of the ktec kit.

I was considering a low pressure application so I didnt have to change the compression. the kit being developed by MB is running on stock internals.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
as well as my other "small mods" im am now thinking of turbo charging mine too.. im already having other bits fitted i.e low comp, injectors, intercooler, etc so i guess i would just need a

Turbo?
Downpipe?
manifold?
oil feed?

then i could add this to the build?

clio 200 F4Rt
didnt BBPT have a turbo kit on sale on ebay, for about 2k, which i think included everything apart from turbo and intercooler?

lift number 1 @ btm
if it's any use to anyone, i have a brand new bottom end minus crank and rods that i don't need anymore?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Another question.

If you took off the 182 manifold and replaced it with the turbo setup but didnt plumb the turbo into the inlet manifold. Would the engine still run? Is the turbo OK spinning with no connections?

So if you fitted the hardware would the car still be driveable enough to get you to whoever was going to map it.

The car would run, but with no load on the compressor side there's the risk you'd spin the turbo too fast and damage it. You could prevent that happening by driving slowly.