ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

low rev stutter- ideas?

53 Clio's & counting
well i noticed this morning my cars got this missfire/stuffer under full load but only at low revs, (under 1500 revs) then it will clear, funny thing is it only does it in the 1st 3 gears, any ideas what this could be chaps?

plugs and leads are around a year old so cant be them

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
my old 1.6 did this!! never got to the bottom of it, only did it mornings thats it haha

53 Clio's & counting
iv been looking for prices,anyone recommend anywhere apart from Renault to get a lambda probe from? (i understand its the front pre cat one that matters over the post cat?)

lift number 1 @ btm
i've got one from a 182 at tim's. but i'm not sure if it will be any use to you. don't they have four wires instead of three?

you can have it if it is any use?

53 Clio's & counting
does anyone know if there the same guys?

Yeah cheers Doug, il give it a try!

MPG has gone down too on this tank chaps

53 Clio's & counting
lol no mate, had the filter out a few weeks ago,still pretty clean

its so weird, just pull away real low revs,bit of throttle and it sounds exactly like it overfuels, then by 1600 rpm or so it clears

thing is my mpg has suffered,been getting 340 miles to a tank, this one isnt going to make 280 :(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ah yeah, mine was early 2000.

As far as i know, they're the same as a 182's lambda. Although i've never actually tried.

Good luck getting it out though... ;)

53 Clio's & counting
ok this morning things have changed lol, it now missfires throughout the whole rev range, but only under load(over 1/4 throttle) if you raise the revs slowly it wont missfire :S oh and the engine warning lights keeps randomly flashing, oh the fun!

any ideas?

Monaco Blue 172
well i noticed this morning my cars got this missfire/stuffer under full load but only at low revs, (under 1500 revs) then it will clear, funny thing is it only does it in the 1st 3 gears, any ideas what this could be chaps?

plugs and leads are around a year old so cant be them
did you ever resolve this? my car's been doing the same thing, when accelerating sharply from low revs (3rd/4th gear, <2k) it stutters before pulling away. To be honest it sorta has been doing this since I got it 4 years ago (!) but problem seems to have gotten worse recently. i've got a prospeed exhaust with decat but then put the cat back on as it was way too loud for mway driving. not getting any warning lights though. advice please anyone. my bf reckons valves need adjusting but that sounds like an expensive waste of money on a >140k car!

cheers