ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

low temp fan switch - valver

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I bought a low temp fan switch and want to fit it at the weekend. Havnt had a chance to have a look under the bonnet yet to locate where it fits but could anyone give me a quick fit guide? I have to drain the coolent first i assume? This from the bottom of the rad?

Sorry for my stupidness, im no mechanic :(

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Item 6

00036922_1.gif

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
heater? its a fan switch which comes on a lower temp than the standard!? Are you thinking about the thermostat?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
dan_16v said:
heater? its a fan switch which comes on a lower temp than the standard!? Are you thinking about the thermostat?

Maybe the thinking is fan comes on at lower temps, water doens't get as hot, doesn't provide as much heat from heaters?

Agree they are a waste though, and will just add extra wear on the fan and stuff. Sort the cooling system out properly and it'll be fine as standard.

No idea if this applies to cars that spend a lot of time on track though :p

Valver
Thats not a valver rad in the picture above is it? the fan switch on my valver is half way up mounted on the side of the rad on the drivers side of the car?

S2000
Sami said:
Thats not a valver rad in the picture above is it? the fan switch on my valver is half way up mounted on the side of the rad on the drivers side of the car?

That's where it is on the pic :S

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
dan_16v said:
Its a fan switch which comes on a lower temp than the standard!

Why do you want to make it do that? Who has told you this is better than the stock item?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I just assumed that the fan cutting in at such a high point isnt going to do my headgasket much good long term. Ive never had any cars where the fan cuts in when the temp is so high!

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
flush the system, then reverse flush it, change the thermostat and expansion cap.

Thats all that needs to be done, this is how Renault designed it to run + sounds to me like a dodgy stat.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I mean its cutting in fine I just thought that it did cut in alittle high up the temp gauge. Around the 3/4 mark but it never goes above after the fan has cut in.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Indeed^^^ , mine run for 11 years without a change (then sold and wrote off), engine taking a besting aswell...

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
So it's working how it was designed to, just make sure it's in tip top condition don't bother changing things.