ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low Tickover on 1.6 16v

2002 Clio 1.6 16v
Have a 52 plate Renault Clio and it ticksover really low like 500 rpm even when cold, its been like that since we got it, I did fit an induction kit on it which made matters worse in that if it was cold or damp it would have trouble startin, I've now gone back to a std filter and it no longer cuts out, but still ticks over really low, is there any manual way to turn the tickover up???

Oh what should it be ticking over at both cold and hot?

Cheers

Mark

M

mini-valver

Mine is about 750-800. Try cleaning the throttle bodie, has it done many miles?

Mk2 1.6
mine tends to cut out if i dont give it a few revs when started up, but when ticking over its also low at around 700rpm

2002 Clio 1.6 16v
Its done about 42k so not too bad, is there any guides on how to clean the throttle body/idle control valve, (oh any pics of where the ICV is???)

Will injector cleaner help at all???

Cheers

Mark

BMW M135i
As its a Ph2 engine it's got a fly by wire throttle and no ISCV. Basically, as said clean the throttle body up it seems to get s**t up over time and it stops it fractionally opening to make it run the cold start high idle.
I cleaned mine with meths and kitchen paper last time.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
fly by wire is a load of s**t on mine not repsonsive enough mine stalls wen its cold wen you first start it up if you dont rev it