ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lower A Valver

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi ppl im just wondering how much it is possible to drop a mk 1 valver with genuine valver front arches on 195/50/15 without ragging my front arches off when i turn,(so my wheels dont catch on arches),ive sin some 55mm springs that i should think are suitable,would better shocks make a great difference too?cheers!:D

Last edited:
  Golf R/Leon FR
should be fine going 55mm easy, sure you could go lower but ill leave that up to the mk1 guys to confirm

clio 16v
i asked the same question! lol mine is on 17s 60 mill on the bk and just got some 55 mill springs for the front, i have took all my arches out though!

clio 182 Leon cuprar
mines lowered on 65 m front and back with 17s and no arch work springs and shox urated but now for sale same as everythin u can think on on a valver other than gear box

longeys16v said:
mines lowered on 65 m front and back with 17s and no arch work springs and shox urated but now for sale same as everythin u can think on on a valver other than gear box

How much u selling springs n shocks for?wat make are they??
is it just front or all 4 shocks??

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Ingram said:
WHAT!???u mean they dont handle as gud when lowered????

The ride goes to s**t and their is more of a tendency for the back to snap out mid bend, hence f**k you rite up..

320d
It won't foul the arches going -55mm providing your wheels are a reasonable offset

I would upgrade the shocks at the same time if i were you

Mines low but not crazy low with 205/40/16 and it doesn't rub at all

IMG_2182Large.jpg

clio 16v
longeys16v said:

how do u fine the hadeling on yours with 17's on?? i dont think its too bad?!

you have to make the distinction between 'handling' and 'grip'. Grip does not equal handling!

Grip means you can fly round a corner at silly speeds 'cos you're on the floor and have a low centre of gravity. However, it probably won't be very 'adjustable' mid-bend and you'll have to set the car up for the corner before you get into it as you will struggle to alter your path once committed.

Handling means that, while your grip levels might be lower, you can adjust the car mid-corner and play with understeer and lift-off-oversteer without fear of the car snapping away from you suddenly. Basically it's more fun :cool:

I've got a standard williams wide-track now and in the dry you still get absolutely silly speeds through some roundabouts as it still has a high grip level, but in the wet you can play more on the roundabouts as you know that when you reach the limits it will break away gradually, not snap away and leave you no time to rescue the situation!

The clios don't snap suddenly, unless you have a very badly set up suspension, its more to do witht eh chassis and its charactoristics(sp)

White16valver said:
you see - if you were on 15's and standard height the limit would be more gradual and you could catch it easier ;) :rasp: lol

Being in a car thats had 17's on and then gone to 15's the difference is massive in speed and handling

So even if its dropped bout 55 front 65 back,with good tyres and front strut brace will ur arse end still kick out?and wat difference does a rear strut brace make?