ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lower arm problem

This question is difficult to describe due to my pool english. I apologize for that first. Please see the pics below to make it more clear.

I found the size of the hole (the one to bolt the lower arm on chassis) is much bigger than the bolt.

Everything you see on the pics are all stock, I can't understand why the hole is so big.
The mechanic attach a washer with a smaller hole and weld it into the chassis to fix the bolt stay at the center.

Anyone saw this before? Is that normal? My Clio is a '03 172.

123309061_b0a10f22f2_o.jpg

123309076_3de3f6f539_o.jpg

123309112_095018047d_o.jpg

172 cup'd extreme
thats how mine are must be the design , prob the reason for play if you dont do them up mega tight

Clown Car
It looks like the bolt has been loose and worn/elongated the mounting hole as the suspension arm has been moving, if that is the original bolt there should be evidence on the shank/thread of where it has rubbed against the mountin hole.

You can just about see the burring(sp) around the hole in the second picture and evidence of where the bolt/nut has been moving on the outside of the mounting.

My 172's mileage is only about 4,500 KM and no damage in the past 3 years.

I never modify my chassis or disassmble anything of my suspension bofore. I always ask Renault garage to check my chassis and tighten everything up in every routine service. I'm pretty sure they did the job well. So the hole must be that big when it was brand new.

Is it possible Dieppe feed my 172 wrong parts?