ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lower my 1.4 clio 40mm or 60mm??

One Phat Clio
How low should i go? :cool:

Two questions;

Firstly, how low should i go concerning comfort & sporty image?
Secondly, what springs should i buy?

Ive checked Ebay, they have springs for aprox £65
Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FK-LOWERING-S...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5886622b31

...are these springs good quality? Worth while buying?
Because on K-TEC Racing there springs are £111 aprox.
Link:http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=247&appid=4

Basically, i need advise on what to buy regarding value for money and how low to go.

Thanks alot, all help will be much appreciated!:D

One Phat Clio
Beef-Mc ive checked out the Eibach sportlines, £90 for springs seems reasonable.
Why recommend these? Do you reckon 40mm would be alright?

Thank you.

145db Euro'd clio
60mm. 40mm will cost you more as you'll lower 40mm and realise you want 60mm so you'll lower 60mm and spend twice as much. there is a non sport coilover group buy. get that then you can just set it up how you want. they're only £140ish

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I wouldn't lower 60mm on just springs. I did this on my old 1.2. The ride was horrendous and it handled like a big lump of turd.

If your going 60 mm you need shorter shock absorbers or coilovers in my opinion!

One Phat Clio
nice one lads! Cheers for advice, coilovers it is! I have a thread opened on media concerning my car, hopfully il lower it on coils and post the updates....however these coilover at £140...can i find them online?Ebay? etc..?

Cheers again:)

Wes

Clio 1.2 Sport
nice one lads! Cheers for advice, coilovers it is! I have a thread opened on media concerning my car, hopfully il lower it on coils and post the updates....however these coilover at £140...can i find them online?Ebay? etc..?

Cheers again:)

the coilovers are on the group buy in the for sale section and they are on ebay for £158 i think.