ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowered 197's please!!

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
I've done a search and found a few pictures of peoples lowered 197's but i want a bit more info!

How much have you lowered it?

Coilovers or springs?

Any rubbing/catching?

Is the handling better or worse?

How much did it cost? ;)

POST YOUR PICTURES TOO PLEASE :D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Full pics coming soon ;)

Just waiting for some nice weather for a clean up of the car, then the pics will come ;)

Lowered (slammed) on H&R coilovers

No catching what so ever (plenty of room under them arches ;))

Handling on the H&R's is supurb. Only a tiner bit firmer then standard, so its all good :)

Cost a lot lol :(

Last edited:
  RS RIP
Full pics coming soon ;)

Just waiting for some nice weather for a clean up of the car, then the pics will come ;)

Lowered (slammed) on H&R coilovers

No catching what so ever (plenty of room under them arches ;))

Handling on the H&R's is supurb. Only a tiner bit firmer then standard, so its all good :)

Cost a lot lol :(

H&R ...:lolup: gotta love em, my front tires are experiencing extreme wear nowadays with them on my car :D

sorry, mine is an old Cup 172 so no pics for you

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Few poor pics

Before, (4x4)
DSC01461-1.jpg

after ;) (slammed... just noted SBV116 (Steve) doing his DJ impression)
plate1.jpg

Before, big gappy arch :(
DSC01468-1.jpg

after, Nice and tight ;)
060507041.jpg

Side,
197hr.jpg

Including go faster mud stripes ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Aye. Sorted the brakes Red also since those poor pics. Needs a PC to get it bling lol

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Few poor pics

Before, (4x4)
DSC01461-1.jpg

after ;) (slammed... just noted SBV116 (Steve) doing his DJ impression)
plate1.jpg

Before, big gappy arch :(
DSC01468-1.jpg

after, Nice and tight ;)
060507041.jpg

Side,
197hr.jpg

Including go faster mud stripes ;)
Looks good man, and you've set the benchmark lol. I must go lower ;)

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi
Bearing in mind the CUP already has a firmer ride, whats peoples opinion/expereinces of lowering the car further. How hard and uncomfortable does it become?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Looks good man, and you've set the benchmark lol. I must go lower ;)

Oh, it'll go lower than that, that was with the rear tweeked back up about 10mm ish. The underside was just too low lol ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Bearing in mind the CUP already has a firmer ride, whats peoples opinion/expereinces of lowering the car further. How hard and uncomfortable does it become?

No problem. Mine isn't much harsher than standard imo. You get what you pay for. Buy cheap springs/coilovers etc and the ride will suffer big time. Something like Ebaich/H&R suspension, springs or coilovers etc will be fine!!! Stick to the TUV approved stuff imo :approve:

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi
going to collect the girlfriends new 197 Cup at lunchtime. Ultimately, she will have the final say so to if she wants its lowered on H&R/Eibach springs as it is her daily driver. K-tec is only down the road, so may swing by depending on what she wants.