ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowered Recaro seat adaptors for Trophy,Trendlines etc

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Lowered seat adaptors for Recaro Trendline etc
I've been meaning to design these for quite a while but kept getting sidetracked.Now with a bit of a push from a few fellow members I've managed to get some prototypes.

Ive designed them to be a direct replacement for existing Recaro adaptors.

I trial fitted the adaptors last week before the pre-tensioner bracket was sorted and the adaptors powder coated.

The 30mm drop is definitely noticeable.

Im going to fit the finished prototype tomorrow and get some pics before seeing what interest there is for these.

91CB7446-60B7-449F-819B-D9703DF238D5_zpsmzwj0pbe.jpg

614233EC-1D1E-40C0-A21B-94EC21A752A6_zpsdreudzlt.jpg

cheers

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
If they are anything like your standard Recaro mounts then the quality will be second to none. I have both a Recaro oem mount set and your set and your set is far far better, the Recaro oem ones have paint chips and rust in parts where as yours are still perfect.

Im down for 2 low drivers side mounts please.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
The 30mm drop is over my VBD adaptors and Recaro adaptors.

The drop is 40mm over Trophy adaptors

Jon

Ex 182 owner
you can use Jons mounts to fit the same style of seats as a 200 but you need to get them from recaro not renault.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Didn't get chance to fit today to get pics but should be able to tomorrow.

Price will be £250 a set outright or £150 exchange on Recaro adaptors.

Can't imagine these will sell in large quantities so will only be a limited run of these,that's unless I can get confirmed orders.

Jon

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Just managed to fit a passenger seat in the pouring rain.

1BDEF0D5-B9F8-4B53-AC6E-6E5FCF55954B_zpsq7biaam5.jpg

766F4DC7-62BC-4B30-97C9-B9F67EC52820_zpsdkeupexi.jpg

6D1AA82C-9D03-4C6B-90A4-DEBBEEE73CFB_zpssiscgmg2.jpg

Some minor changes to make on production run but these still fit as they are with Trendline seats.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
I'm putting 2 prototype sets up in the for sale section at a reduced price of £200 outright or £100 exchange.

The pre tensioner bracket on these makes the connector on pre tensioner touch the fabric on the seat slightly.

This will be adjusted on production run.

Cheers

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Profiles are all folded and are awaiting welding before going to be powder coated.
Can't give an exact date but I'm hoping to have them ready in the next few weeks.

Jon

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Maybe.If anyone would like to reserve a set they can add their name here and send me a PM.

I have already pre sold a few sets to customers who already have my products.

Cheers

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
1. @Nick_Leeds x1 drivers side (exchange with Recaro adaptor)
2.Optical - 2 x Drivers side (exchange with recaro adapter)

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
I've just received the first batch of VBD Lowered Recaro adaptors today.

These will be a limited run unless I can get confirmed orders.
61F6BF8D-41E7-4008-99EC-A63322512EF7_zps2hx1npgg.jpg

B781BCCC-0122-4E6B-87F5-A71079E40218_zpsfeydqdws.jpg

Price is £250 outright for a driver and passenger set.

£150 on an exchange basis with Recaro adaptors.

The exchange basis is based on a full set.

I cannot offer exchange on singles as I will be left with a load of one side.

The two people above who confirmed are OK as yours have been accounted for in this batch.

Delivery to mainland UK is £16

Any fees to be covered if using PayPal.

Collection welcome from Prescot,Merseyside.

Ex 182 owner
Evening all,
after a monthly badger for ages from myself and @T.Trophy
@JON FOZ finally told me my set had arrived. Now the reason Steve and I have been badgering is we run Recaro sportsters on orginal Trophy Brackets. They do actually sit a bit higher then original Recaro Trophy Trendlines. So I figured the best person to get to sort this was Jon as he had mentioned doing these lower ones in the past. My biggest criteria was they needed to retain the orginal pretensioners. I'm 6ft2 so already struggling in a Clio.

So here are some photos folks. Yes most will have Recaro Trendlines but the info is worth sharing.

Renault Trophy subframes are 10cm taller apparently than recaro aftermarket ones/Jons old ones I believe. So the drop here was even more exagerated for trophy owners.
46B9AF66-9E51-4912-93AF-4D88CA42E057_zps1l71ajpn.jpg

816CFA5A-6F29-4E35-BE95-0E2BA546EE1F_zps6kpnlb6w.jpg

In the car the drop is much more noticeable than this photo suggests.
1CC1E80A-2BAA-4D45-810F-97C08DC46A2F_zpszhgcgh2m.jpg

Jon has designed these for a few varties so there a few holes. For Trophy Trendlines and Sporsters. The holes used are
the single at the back and the slotted at the front.
EF54B658-AF81-4C53-9D61-206D161F70A6_zpsocjdvvdt.jpg

I am still running the seat spacers too.
Ran out of light so no more photos.

Tensioner Cable Minor issues.
The tensioner cable now has to run around the front of the subframe. I have let Jon know this. if you massively bothered then a simple 30 seconds with a grinder would create a notch to be able to run it thru the middle once more without it being crushed.

For Trendline Owners:-
Jon explained that you will probably have to mod your slider bar otherwise it wont be able to be pulled up to allow the seat to slide. Although i didnt fit my orginal seats at all, i can tell this will defo be necessary. It's an easy bend and Jon has a guide for it.

For Sporstster Owners:- with my seat fully back I gained 5 cm between the top edge of the seat base and the bottom of my steering wheel which was ideal. No slider bar issues as standard

My own position is noticable better. More relaxed without feeling like i have slammed it too the floor. I can even run a click closer to the wheel.

Nice one @JON FOZ

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I've just received the first batch of VBD Lowered Recaro adaptors today.

These will be a limited run unless I can get confirmed orders.
61F6BF8D-41E7-4008-99EC-A63322512EF7_zps2hx1npgg.jpg

B781BCCC-0122-4E6B-87F5-A71079E40218_zpsfeydqdws.jpg

Price is £250 outright for a driver and passenger set.

£150 on an exchange basis with Recaro adaptors.

The exchange basis is based on a full set.

I cannot offer exchange on singles as I will be left with a load of one side.

The two people above who confirmed are OK as yours have been accounted for in this batch.

Delivery to mainland UK is £16

Any fees to be covered if using PayPal.

Collection welcome from Prescot,Merseyside.
I received my 2 drivers side mounts and they look absolutely fantastic, the quality is first class as usual. Going to get these fitted ASAP.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Still not fitted mine mate, but after a spell in my little brothers R26 recently I feel moving from the Trendlines to Sportsters is possibly one of the best modifications I've done (and I've done a few lol)