ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowered springs not low!!!

Iceberg 172
Just fitted Eibach ProKit springs to the 172 and put it all back together. All went well, used the top mounts to hold the strut in place while I attatched them to the hubs.
Then went to tighten them after lowering the car back on the ground and they didn't move any higher!!!

Now the car looks high at the front and I can't tighten the top mounts onto the shock top, they are tight onto the top of the bodywork! How can I force the rubber shock tops to sit further into the bodywork?

Thanks in advance guys....

Iceberg 172
I laid everything out the same way it came off to avoid that! I'll check though, should see spots in the mount rubber if they are the right way yeah?

Iceberg 172
Here are some pics. These photos are from yesterday so sorry I hadn't fitted the newly painted bumper yet!
How can I tell if the rubber donuts have been put on the right way without taking the struts off again?
IMAG0266.jpg

Nothing shouts out as wrong from your pics. Although is that first photo of your last post with the car on the ground?
The top mount should stick higher up than that if so, maybe the rubber but inside the arch isn't sitting properly..

Maybe take the shocks out again, and double check the assembly of the top hat, bearing etc. Get some pics of that.
You might have the bearing upside down as another possibility..

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
eibachs are never low. I hear from disappointed people all the time about being recommended these and they wish they'd never bothered

Iceberg 172
I hear you!
Maybe I'd feel better though if the top mounts were sitting properly. I have a nagging doubt I did something wrong!

Iceberg 172
Problem solved! The top rubber donuts were upside down.
They must have been changed in the past and put the wrong way up. When I copied them putting hem back together, this was the result!
Also the reason the car looked too high when I bought it!
Thanks for all your help!

FYI: The donuts should be put on this way up...
!B0vyPWgCWk~$(KGrHqUOKjUE)K,pWvP9BMbpnRoRhw~~_35.JPG