ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowerin opinions

going to lower my mark2 clio 60mm.

now do i just spend around £90 on springs, if so recommendations on which ones r good n which rnt.

or do i pay over £200 for new dampners and springs? again if so which kit.

please dont anyone mention coil overs as im not that rich lol

cheers tom

Clio II and Grand Modus

Only springs will be ok but your standard dampers will not handle wery well with a -60mm drop. Get some sports dampers like the Eibach pro-damper´s or simular and combine them with some -60mm springs like the pi, spax ect.

oh and next step will be Coilovers;)

Quote: Originally posted by tomdbomb on 28 March 2004

now do i just spend around £90 on springs, if so recommendations on which ones r good n which rnt.
or do i pay over £200 for new dampners and springs? again if so which kit.

please dont anyone mention coil overs as im not that rich lol
The more you do to the car the better it will be springs alone will be good but shocks as well will help (assuming there decient shocks). I dont think youll get any shocks on there own for £200 though. Best save the money IMO and get coilovers though there about £500 if you shop around so save your money a bit longer and get the ultimate.

right ok then for the time being im going to stick withjust springs then and wen finances enable me, or wen my original shocks become too harsh i will switch to coilovers.

cheers

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

I got coilovers for 380 quid, 16 point damping adjustment and height adjustment. Gaz coilovers from K-tec, very happy with them.

Clio II and Grand Modus

yup..........You can set it up just as you like it, depending on your wheels and how you want your car to look ect. ect. Handels way better than "just" springs. Hard to describe, you have to try it .......It´s the daddy of suspension:D

on the same subject, i want to do the same thing really im riding on 16s and want to lower it 60mm, can i do it no problems, or should i be safe and go 35mm? budget is tight so i will be waiting for coilovers aswell, but i need the advise? cheers