ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering 172

Megane R26

Hi Daipac,

£74.99 is the price MotorWorld are charging for Apex springs, are you sure you are getting Eibachs, as their site does not seem to list them.

RM172

I have the Eibachs fitted to my MKII 172 now, had them done around 3/4 weeks ago. I paid £99 inc. VAT for them. Like I said, that was only because they made a mistake with the price.

Try Demon Tweeks if you want Eibachs.

I have the Eibach sportline on my cup. Theyve been on for about 5 months and theyre great. No problems to report. They probably lower the car by 3cm or so and I think they are a better choice than the pros for my specific needs (track). I also have adjustable koni dampers with them

ive fitted eibachs, bout a month ago... but now i get a real wobble at 80mph an gets worse the faster you go.

i thought it was the shocks, but every one else says there OK.:confused:

Quote: Originally posted by RM172 on 06 April 2004

£74.99 is the price MotorWorld are charging for Apex springs, are you sure you are getting Eibachs, as their site does not seem to list them.

RM172

The runt at Motorworld is positive they are the Eibachs. He comfirmed they were the black ones. Apex are yella and I was quoted £84.99 for them. There site doesnt have Eibachs listed but they can still get hold of stuff.

Does anyone have the correct product code for the Pros for an 03 172 or will it be on the box when they come so I can make sure they are the proper ones before I find someone to fit them?

Confused - I dont understand why the tracking would be altered by loweing springs, the camber sure (but that is non adjustable as standard anyway), but why the tracking?, surely springs have no effect on the front to back positioning of the wheels?

Quote: Originally posted by Parky172 on 05 April 2004

Just ordered my Pros from Motorworld. Cost £74.99. Does this sound too cheap? Bloke insisted they were correct ones for my car as he double checked with someone at Eibach

Had a call from Motorworld today. As I thought, theyd ballsed up the order. Price was for the springs for god knows what car. Should be £167 supply only!

You dont have to be as thick as spacka boots to work there but it helps!