ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering a 172 Cup? How much is ok?

Clio Sport 172 Cup Mk2
Recently got some Apex lowering springs for my beastie from "K-tec" lowers it by 30mm at all points.. will i experience any issues with rubbing in arches... Anyone have any other things to point out?

Guidance needed! lol

Lionel Richie
Apex are 40mm drop (yellow springs)

thats the lowest available springs you can get, you'll have no problems with rubbing

Clio Sport 172 Cup Mk2
Oh excellent.... thats brillient news. and 10mm lower than i thought! Gonna have an interesting time fitting them! Should i adjust the wheel camber as well... i heard some things about tyre wear points being effected as well.!?

Lionel Richie
camber isn't affected, fit the springs, get the tracking done after a month or so (so the springs can settle) job done

its 2hrs to fit the springs, 4hrs if you're a dumbass

2001 172,VW Touran
Fred2001Dynamic said:
camber isn't affected, fit the springs, get the tracking done after a month or so (so the springs can settle) job done

2 hrs had mine done at the garage where i work 20 mins and twenty quid 4 doing it

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Fred2001Dynamic said:

Camber is effected, its just that you can do little about it.