ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering a clio 1.2

Clio 197
I want to lower my Clio 1.2 ( only young anit going 2 pay loads on insurance for 182 tho i can afford one going 2 wait till im at least 23) yh i want to lower my clio as its to high , what would you recomend to lower it by 40- 60mm?? and what would you recomend to buy??

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
do you like the low look?
60mm would look best, if you do that though you might have to buy new shocks too. depending on if you want the ride and handling to be compromised..

Clio 197
Dont want it stupid low but running on 15" alloy at the moment i want to invest in some 182 alloys when i got the cash

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
60mm is a good comprimise of low and practical.
you can just buy the springs and run it on standard shocks, but the ride will be more bumpy and bouncy and the handling will be abit twitchy at speed.
so recomend you get uprated shocks too, but depends what money will allow.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
main question is whats your budget,
and what do you want, looks for performance??

if budget allows, then coilovers all the way,
but springs and shocks if you want performance,
then springs alone (eibatch for a little bit of extra performance, or apex for looks alone)

failing that you can take an angle grinder to your standard springs!!
BUDGET LOWERING!

Static Low
gd morning to you my friend.

low5.jpg

Ayrshire-04.jpg

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
Not trying to steal the thread hear if you get 60mm where do you get shocks from i was gonna get sportlines but i want my car to hug the wheels same car btw. Dont want apex heard about their ride. Lol :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
apex are fine with shocks too, on standard shocks they are a bit bouncy and crashy but look the tits, you can only pull them off properly on a dci though, looked too high at the front on my 1.2 16v back in the day

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
I have 40mm apex on mine but its on 17s. ride is fine :)

DSCF0663-1.jpg

133, 182, Kangoo 182
You're looking at about £280 for a 60mm kit from k-tec IIRC (and also I think that was inc VAT and without ClioSport discount (get membership!!)). Then there would be fitting and wheel tracking but no idea how much they cost. You should be OK at about £300.

Clio 197
white alloys go nice mines 1,2 Extreme all ive done to it is tinted my windows and sprayed my lights black will post a picture up later but only problem its a tempest blue

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
just save a couple more weeks n buy coilovers far better that springs, also lower as much as you like, easy to fit, better ride quality than springs coilovers are just full of that WIN material

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
well ive got FK highsports, so FK's and V-maxx are the main choices for alot of the clio lads on here but the v-max ones are cheaper than FK's i think

FK highsports are £475 quid free deleivery with Rimstyle

Petrol Blue 182.
defo save and get the coilys, you can have your 60mm but the potential to go lower, much better option :)

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I'm saving for shocks from k-tec and then getting custom springs from the group buy thing in for sale section... unless you want adjustable suspension or not really low then this would be a good option for you too at the same price range.

Clio 197
Kwl thanks for your help :) just need to get it done and sorted and would you recommend me to tell my insurance or wait till its up in 5months and get it sorted then

133, 182, Kangoo 182
You should inform your insurance company of any modifications. They may not allow it and stop insuring you, but then again if you don't declare and crash they won't pay out.

Most people don't tell insurance companies much though

Clio 197
lol i know but how rubbish they let me have window tints but not lowering wot a joke it anit making the car faster already paying 1000 quid insurance for a 1.2 clio :( tbf its only my second year of driving come down 800 quid was 1800 for the first year but tbf 1000 quid for a 1.2 clio extreme 05reg makes me laff

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
they will let you have window tints because its actually called privacy glass, meaning no one can see in, in there case it will be a security add on

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I Would personally go with 35/40 mm springs, i have dropped mine by 35mm and it looks smart and its more than practical. But i am going to lower it 40mm on apex springs just for the little extra and it means you dont have to change your shocks.

If you are interested in in some 35mm springs all around then drop me a PM

133, 182, Kangoo 182
lol i know but how rubbish they let me have window tints but not lowering wot a joke it anit making the car faster already paying 1000 quid insurance for a 1.2 clio :( tbf its only my second year of driving come down 800 quid was 1800 for the first year but tbf 1000 quid for a 1.2 clio extreme 05reg makes me laff
Strange.. I'm in my first year still and they charged me just over 1800. If it stops 800 I'll be very happy! lol