ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering my car mk2 ph1 help?????

J

jakm15

hi, I have been thinking about it for a while and I think I am going to lower my car, could you cut down the original springs or do I need knew ones. I have seen some on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:15|39:1|240:1318

is this the right price or could you get them cheaper, also is this all you need the 4 springs do I not need to do anything else?? How easy or hard is it to do, is there a guide anywhere or could someone write me one up. What would you recommend lowering them by I want it to look a bit less like a 4x4 but not like its scraping the floor, does any body have any before and after pics

Thanks.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
no dont cut down the standard spring its dangerous. have a look on k-tecracing aswell
its very straight forward to change them. if your not bothered about the ride being to harsh get the apex. or for a better ride the eibach sportlines you cant go wrong with them.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Ive got some springs which are apparently the same as apex just black with a different name, ride isnt too harsh, cost £75 and took a couple of hours to fit with the help of my uncle. Check with your insurance too, my premium went up a bit when i declared them.

J

jakm15

just got a quote for fitting them £50, how much should i lower it by???

J

jakm15

would 40 not look much different, do u have a link to any pics of lowered mk2's

cheers

J

jakm15

just had a quick look 60mm would just be putting the tires into my arches, i dont think i want it that low so i think im going for 40, i just want it a bit lower and sportier.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I went 40mm, purely because insurance company wated to know if it was lowered below or above 50mm, if it was above the premium went sky high.

Before

b4.jpg

After

DSC00273.jpg

afterxd6.jpg

Sorry for poor pics.

J

jakm15

cheers jenic those pics have helped me make my mind up im going to order some for 40mm. i got the fitting cheap beacause i used to work at the garage. i have clicked on the link chewitt but its not letting me on it any chance you can post them on this thread.

cheers jenic those pics have helped me make my mind up im going to order some for 40mm. i got the fitting cheap beacause i used to work at the garage. i have clicked on the link chewitt but its not letting me on it any chance you can post them on this thread.

Pay your tenner you pikey;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
No problem,

Since you seem to be wanting to stick around and mod your clio you should pay the tenner :D

J

jakm15

lol i will soon thats an extra tenner i can spend on my car at the moment, you try living on an aprentices wage lol

ive just bought some springs

BRAND NEW IN BOX
SET OF 4 LOWERING SPRINGS
RENAULT CLIO MK2 1998-2005
loweringsprings.gif
FRONT + BACK (4 SPRINGS) LOWERING KIT
THIS KIT WILL LOWER YOUR CAR BY 40mm
THESE SPRINGS WILL MAKE YOUR CAR FEEL FIRMER AND HANDLE MORE RESPONSIVELY
YOU CAN USE YOUR EXISTING SHOCK ABSORBERS WITH THIS KIT AND ANY LOCAL GARAGE CAN CARRY OUT THE SIMPLE CHANGE OF SPRINGS.

£59.99

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
£170 a week goes quite quick lol with me
Thats not bad, i know apprentices on less than £100/week, i'm on £225 after tax atm which is highest out of any apprentice i know, get paid monthly and usually spend the lot in the first 2 weeks :D .

Edit: Noticed your not too far from me, if your garage backs out of doing the job for £50 my uncle will probably do it for a similar price, he's just done mine so shouldn't take him long.

J

jakm15

cheers ill let you know if they dont do it, im sure they will i worked there for 2 years when i was 15 n 16 so i know them well.

J

jakm15

pics of a mk2 ph1 lowered by 40mm before n after or photoshop of my car

does any one have any pics of a mk2 ph1 thats been lowered by 40mm, before n after pics if you have them, cheers.

or if your clever enuf can any 1 "photoshop" a pic of my car (whatever photoshop means and if its even posible) cos i dont have a clue lol

thanks alot

Focus, GSXR1000 & R6
Don't know if this is any help to you, this is 60mm drop.

Before and After!

Attachments

• ava.jpg
    ava.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC00972.JPG
    DSC00972.JPG
    457.8 KB · Views: 91
J

jakm15

cheers Dantheman1988 ive got an idea what 40mm will look like now, ive choose 40mm cos theres loads of harsh speed bumps on my way to work so i think 60mm would be to low