ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering springs or suspension? which ones do you recommend?

rs clio ph1 172
which ones would people recommend?
dont want it too harsh or bouncy.
i have seen a few with apex springs but are there better ones that are budgeting for?
also is there a suspension kit worth getting instead?

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Before getting a full setup i would go for eibach sportlines as they lower the car and also stiffen up the ride

Stripped yozza'd cup
Completely depends on budget.

Eibach sportline springs - decent drop, decent handling - ~£160

Sportline springs and Koni dampers - decent drop, very good handling - ~£500 iirc?

Coilovers - bilstein b14 - excellent handling, adjustable ride height - £700

Top end coilovers - Ast, H&R, kw v2 etc - £1000 +

Your budget will dictate which ones you choose.

rs clio ph1 172
i only want to drop the car about 30mm max to get rid of the gap between tyre and arch and i dont really want harshness or too firm.
Have heard other makes say the eibach can be a little on the harsher side, is this what people are getting?

a low one
30mm wont eliminate the arch gap mate probably more around the 50-60mm mark for that. and it all depends on you tbh, when i had apex springs on mine people had warned me about them being "crashy" but i didnt find they were atall. personal preference is all! what budget do you have?

rs clio ph1 172
i am more than happy with the renualt shocks so i am only gonna buy springs only.
i dont want 50mm i think 35mm or 40mm will be about max as i i dont want bumpy ride.
so pro kit ok?
or sportline?
or soemthing else ike H&R or PI or Bilstein?