ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering standard 172 seats

Caterham 1400 Supersport
Hello,

In common with many people I find my phase 2 172s seats are too high for me, even when on minimum height setting. Question is, can something be done about it? I'd like to keep the original seats, they are comfortable for me, look good and have the side airbags too.

I was speaking to an engineering company at Autosport about it yesterday who seemed quite interested (they have made the Fiat Coupe club some before). They discussed an arrangement with multiple holes so some form of primitive adjustment may be possible.

So, is it something that could be achieved with a different subframe or rails?

If so, how much drop do you think we could get?

How many people may be interested?

Red Clio 197 F1
Yeah I'd be interested, looked at getting it done on my old Alfa GTV but it was a tad expensive!

JayJo said:
Yeah I'd be interested, looked at getting it done on my old Alfa GTV but it was a tad expensive!
Probably cheaper to have your legs shortened :clown:

cock mobile.
I don't think it's possible, because of the way the seats are mounted to the car.

If you find a way, please please share the info as I would love to get just a bit lower.

Mégane RS
i dont think its possible either, new subframes and bottom part of the chair maybe, i remember seing a thread on this topic a while ago but it was for the passenger side though

Caterham 1400 Supersport
Hmm, it would be a shame if they can't be lowered, even slightly would be an improvement.

I'll ask a company or two to take a look and report back. :)

A well built VW
I always felt that my ph1 seats sat lower than the ph2 might be worth trying one of the subframes and see if it makes a difference