ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lumber support FF 172

Clio Sport xxx
When i got the car i adjusted the support so there was full lumber support, i.e. pushing your back the most. Went to get in the car the other day, sat back, and i felt/heard the support mechanism fail - so now i have no lumber support at all, and the adjuster knob twists without doing anything.

Anyone had this before?? is it an easy fix? and am i right in thinking this kind of thing wont be covered in the trader warrenty?

Cheers all

BMW M135i
Mines the same, you have to remove the seat covering to sort it out. Complete ballache really. Renault will charge a fortune due to the labour involved.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Lumbar support?? Guessing cup seats dont have this?

Unless you just mean sitting the seat upright.

No Dan,

There's an extra lever on the FF seats which moves the bottom of the seat (against your lower back) forward so that it provides more support there.

Another thing us Cup owners don't have! ;)

Clio Sport 172
Can some one please tell me how to take the seat cover off to get to it.
It broke the day after the doctor told me i need to use it... Bloody thing
Cheers si

1998 BMW e46 323i
Maybe just buy a cushion or specific lumbar cushion thing, sure I've seen them before. Mine still functions surprisingly after 85k.

172 Cup 2003
are the seat covers held down by anything?

Yes fella to get them off best thing is some wire cutters and snip the small metal loops (under the seat cover that connect to the frame) they arent important really so dont worry bout it.

If you need to take the whole cover off remember to get a flat head behind the shoulder mech. thingy that moves the seat and pull the seat cover out from behind this. (bit of a beach to put back behind but got there in the end)

just put back after....jobs a gooden. changed my airbag so had to do it