ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lump of metal under engine mount.

clio 172 cup
Does a 172 cup have it? I can't find it on mine. I've seen that some have removed theirs to save weight.

iceberg 172
I have also noticed this on my 1.2.
If u look at the o/s mount its just infront of it were it mounts to the chassi, looks like a wight. It looks like its there for balancing or somthing.

Last edited:
  Golf GTD Mk7
2.79Kg just use mine as a paper weight.

Mine was around the same. They all vary in size too. Strange design really.

Removing it was a bit of a pain really. My aircon pipes kept getting in the way, so it was a bumper off, light out and it's really easy from there. Fortunately I needed to take the bumper off anyway. Make sure you torque the engine mount 5 bolts back up correctly too (65Nm) or you'll get knocking on acceleration.

Pug 205 gti

Removing it was a bit of a pain really. My aircon pipes kept getting in the way, so it was a bumper off, light out and it's really easy from there. Fortunately I needed to take the bumper off anyway. Make sure you torque the engine mount 5 bolts back up correctly too (65Nm) or you'll get knocking on acceleration.

Nice one, i was just gonna ask whats the best way of removing it!

03 RS clio 172 flameR

this knocking you talk of? is this usually in first when you give it death? sounds like the engine is trying jump out?

mine does it and i was thinking i needed new mounts?

Golf GTD Mk7
it's hard to explain really. mine used to do it when I was accelerating and took my foot off the accelerator quickly. Nothing serious really.