ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lumpy when idle and exhaust popping

Clio 1.2

Ive got a problem with my 2001 clio expression 1.2 16v. recently before my serivce i had noticed a problem with the idleing getting lumpy when im stopped at traffic lights and stuff like that. After the service this seems to have gotten worse and it jumps all the time when im stopped and also makes a very small splutter noise out the exhaust when it does it. the idle speed is fine and it doesnt seem to cut out at all but it never used to do this at all. Ive tried taking it back to renault but they just say its not a problem, also tried putting some liquid stuff through the engine to clean out all the sh*t and that but still doesnt seem to have worked. any ideas to what it could be making it jump and causing the popping sound out the exhaust?

Thanks.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Well I can only speak for the 172 but that comes as standard with a lumpy idle.

Maybe a faulty Idle control ? some of the techies will be able to help you better ..

Skoda Fabia vRS

go to the dealers, tell em your problem, and ask them to update/flash the ECU

there has been a lot of talk about idle problems on 1.2 16vs on here and IIRC that seems to fix it

Clio 1.2

ive been back to the dealers 3 times and they checked the ecu and that and said it was fine. its fine for about 10 mins after startup then it starts.

Clio 1.2

they did BRUN, the bloke told me he drove it for 3 miles too to see if he could hear it and reckoned he couldnt, which is b****cks as youd have to be deaf dumb and blind not to notice it.

172 CUP
Re: Archived Post from old forum

I know this is an old post but instead of starting a fresh thought i'd bump this (Hope nobody minds)

When i come off the accelerator in 2/3 gear in high revs, i get quite a few pops, not loud but noticeable to me in the car, what could cause this? Never done it before until a couple of weeks back.

If it helps answer: Use V-power and no engine mods Just a custom Stainless 2.5'' cat back exhaust?!?!?!