ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY 200 Detail (Link + Pics)

R26
As bad as that?

Unfortunately mate yeah, Just cant get away with the Anthracite pack on any of the 200's and also the wheels are just not nice.
Oh and not forgetting the biggest problem.... its angry whale face :(

This is all my opinion of course, and aslong as you love it thats great!

So all the 200 warriors please, stay calm :)

Black Clio GT
how much does this cost to do??
thinking it will be chaper tham me spending loads on kit and will be easyer to keep that sort of finish week in week out if i keep the polish topped up or is that not the case???

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
LOL at 200 warriors - they'll be along soon no-doubt.

Hopefully when i've made my own tweeks and the 200 has become a bit more widely 'accepted', you won't hate it so much. You'll probably still hate it though, just not at much.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
how much does this cost to do??
thinking it will be chaper tham me spending loads on kit and will be easyer to keep that sort of finish week in week out if i keep the polish topped up or is that not the case???

For what I had done, £250

Obviously most people would prefer to spend that money on a load of gear and do it themselves. But I haven't got the time and certainly haven't got the patience.

Barge
Brian I was compelled to do you a proper avatar. Shame I can't get you F4STA picture to fit properly... But a nommy 200 deserves a proper avatar. :approve:

Attachments

• cliosport200050.jpg
    cliosport200050.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 94
  BG 182 FF
I think it looks spot on personally I think the anthracite pack goes really well on the LY and AG 200's but no others imo, are you have any trouble with badly wearing recaros?

BMW 320d M-Sport
For what I had done, £250

Obviously most people would prefer to spend that money on a load of gear and do it themselves. But I haven't got the time and certainly haven't got the patience.

I remember saying that to you about mine at the Lakeside meet and being slated!

Car looks great, I want to use Gleam Machine on mine, but need to get some paint chips sorted first :approve:

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Brian I was compelled to do you a proper avatar. Shame I can't get you F4STA picture to fit properly... But a nommy 200 deserves a proper avatar. :approve:

Cheers, but what's wrong with the avatar i've already got!? ;)
I'll try your one out, see how it goes..

I think it looks spot on personally I think the anthracite pack goes really well on the LY and AG 200's but no others imo, are you have any trouble with badly wearing recaros?

I would worry if my Recaro's were showing excessive wear as i've barely done 1k miles. I am expecting the worst to happen though :(

I remember saying that to you about mine at the Lakeside meet and being slated!

Car looks great, I want to use Gleam Machine on mine, but need to get some paint chips sorted first :approve:

You could be right :eek: You'll be pleased with Gleam Machine, that's for sure!

Barge
I'm an avatar perfectionist. LOL.

TBF, Brian, I'd hope Recaro/Renault took enough notice of the 197/R27 issues with the Recaro's and made these a little bit better. TBF, the one I saw at a dealers had Recaro's and I didn't notice as the R27 hadn't had it's changed by that point so next opportunity I get to see the 200 ones I'll take a closer look at them.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Yeah i'd hope so too, afterall, i'd hate for things to turn sour. Renault do well out of me and my family - I've had 2 cars, specified a Renault van for work, 1 brother has a clio, the other has 2 vans..

Barge
You'll have no problems getting them replaced if they start to f**k up. A nice word with Renault UK will get them replaced if your dealers aren't keen. :) Lets hope they're made of better stuff initially and it won't come to that.

LY 200
Did he have any little scratches or stonechips to machine polish out Brian?

Or haven't you got any yet?

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Did he have any little scratches or stonechips to machine polish out Brian?

Or haven't you got any yet?

I've only got some stone 'scuffs' on the front (not quite stone chips)

I'm not surprised though really, especially with the state of the roads.

p.s. I went and looked at the thread with your 200, love it with the black Speedlines :approve:

LY 200
I've only got some stone 'scuffs' on the front (not quite stone chips)

I'm not surprised though really, especially with the state of the roads.

Yeh, I know what you mean mate.

I think im a bit over protective with my car, lol.