ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY 200 EDC pics.

LY 200 EDC LUX
Thought I'd post some half decent pics up of my clio. Just to avert any confusion, this is not a 1.2, however, I can see how the LY paint, gloss black 18's, big breaks, twin exhausts, different front and rear bumpers, differently placed DRL's, 'rs' badges all over it etc etc is easily confused with a 1.2.

Anyway (;-), its a 200 EDC lux with cup pack. All comments welcome, positive and negative! Cheers!

imagejpg1_zps61640356.jpg

imagejpg2_zps5c06ddd0.jpg

imagejpg6_zpsa2614659.jpg

imagejpg11_zps5cfecbc8.jpg

imagejpg8_zps500cdaf8.jpg

imagejpg9_zps9afb46c5.jpg

imagejpg12_zps8b6bfc49.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsd1a31b09.jpg

Don't know why they bothered trying to hide the rear doors. It would look better proportioned with proper door handles IMO. Nice car though.

Looks great from every angle other than the front IMO.

Looking at the front pictures again, I think it's how the bodywork cuts away under the Renault badge so sharp. Think that's what I'm not keen on.

The rest though, all good!

Last edited:

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Lovely pics, ru coming to north weald on sunday get some pics together. Just ignore the dorf lovers i do.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Thought I'd post some half decent pics up of my clio. Just to avert any confusion, this is not a 1.2, however, I can see how the LY paint, gloss black 18's, big breaks, twin exhausts, different front and rear bumpers, differently placed DRL's, 'rs' badges all over it etc etc is easily confused with a 1.2.

Anyway (;-), its a 200 EDC lux with cup pack. All comments welcome, positive and negative! Cheers!

Well said :up:

Look's amazing, LY is the only really colour which make's it stand out for what it is, and i really doe's look good!, there's a White one knocking around not far from me and the first time i saw it i only knew it what it was, as it had the 'RS' badge on the front, Renault really should have brought it out in some more lairy colours like the Mk3 200.

An orange one
I've only seen 2 ever on the road, and one was French registered.. They must have been a massive flop surely??

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I think you've managed to polish a turd there!

Would love to see one on the road one day, I see you're from Essex so I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Yep. Just LOL at poverty spec. I spent hundreds on my 172 Cup to get close to what the ST has as standard. They may not be big, but the pad compound is ST specific and in a nutshell they're fcuking amazing for standard brakes.
Even the normal Fiestas have amazing brakes for some reason. I was driving one we have at work and thought I'd test them out. I nearly went through the f**king windscreen!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Even the normal Fiestas have amazing brakes for some reason. I was driving one we have at work and thought I'd test them out. I nearly went through the f**king windscreen!

They're all like that, over-servoed in the extreme.

It's their resistance to fade, lack of dust, pedal feel, and the fact that I've now done more than 30k miles on the original set that makes them a no brainer when it comes to replacement.

Clio 200T
Fairly sure everyone that has a 200T that has previously had a 200 or 197 says the brakes are on par or if not better than the 4 pot brembo's.. Granted though they don't look anywhere near as good though.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Fairly sure everyone that has a 200T that has previously had a 200 or 197 says the brakes are on par or if not better than the 4 pot brembo's.. Granted though they don't look anywhere near as good though.

The session I had as a passenger in a Renault press car around Goodwood backed that up for me. She was full on them for the entire session.

But that's not good enough for most because they absolutely positively can't accept that brakes are any good if there's no 'Brembo' logo on them.

Clio 200T
The session I had as a passenger in a Renault press car around Goodwood backed that up for me. She was full on them for the entire session.

But that's not good enough for most because they absolutely positively can't accept that brakes are any good if there's no 'Brembo' logo on them.

Precisely..

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
imagejpg1_zps61640356.jpg

Really like that.

Wrong colour for me though.

For me, black the 'blade', lose the 'RS' badge at the front, wee drop, and maybe black the door strips at the bottom......

2247162902077911764.jpg

Some Brembos to complete the 'look', done. ^ If that was a manual i'd be all over that......

But then i'm more of a less is more type of guy.....

RB 182 FF
The styling does nothing for me at all, to me it's not a Clio! BUT I do bloody love that colour!!! :smile:

LY 200 EDC LUX
Ha, definately seems to be splitting opinion, but good to see its all constructive!

I will deffo be at the North Weald meet on Sunday morning so will see you guys there! Keep the chat coming though, I'm enjoying reading it!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
These are awesome cars. I was lucky enough to get a good drive in one a couple of weeks ago.

I was a little dubious of the auto box before driving it but I needn't have been. It just works so well. It's the type of car guaranteed to put a smile on your face every time you get in it.

They feel very quick and the handling is awesome.

It's also very comfy and the interior is much more spacious than the ST.

Although the styling lets it down a bit I'd have one in a heartbeat if I was looking for a new car.

Looking forward to seeing this at North Weald in the morning.