ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY Clio V6 - 85k

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
I absolutely love the look of a v6 Clio, just the right amount of mental, but are they actually any good to drive? And were they rare enough in the first place to command that sort of money already? I'd imagine you could get an R5 Turbo 2 for that sort of cash.
If I won the lottery though, I'd definitely buy it and find out.

If you take the time to learn the car, they are fantastic.

There is a stigma around from overzealous journalists that tried to drift, or drove the cars like a 172. You can't do that in a Vee. You can't get in it and expect it to be a 1*2 on steroids its a fundamentally different machine. They're more of a grand tourer than a hot hatch. You have to really think hard on it, as you walk up to a Clio, you get inside and it looks and feels like a Clio (almost disappointingly so), but it's not a Clio (IYSWIM). The monster of a V6 over the rear wheels combined with a short wheelbase means it shares none of the handling traits of your usual RS Clio. I spent a lot of time learning mine, small tweaks to the suspension and geo, tyre pressures (i'm down to 20psi on the fronts!) as there is F-all weight up there, I can lift the front end off the floor with a ratchet strap over my shoulders! If you pile into a corner all out of shape that big heavy lump at the back is going to pendulum and bite you...HARD.

Most of the time i'm happy to trundle around accepting turned heads and pointing fingers, listening to the glorious V6 burble from the back. You dont even need to go fast to enjoy it. The noise is *delicious*.

However, presented the opportunity to drive it like a complete goon, i'll happily open the taps all the way now I am happy with the handling. It SHIFTS. Many people, including my close friends, have expressed genuine surprise as how well it moves around. My car has over 80k miles on the odo so I dont get precious about using it, it's no garage queen and it's a crime against petrolheads to lock these things away in investment basements. It was also recently endorsed by a professional racing driver, so i'm happy I got it right :)

This is my car in the videos:
Jamie Wall:
Presenter girlies:
And some utter cringe with my on film:

In summary: Clio V6's are more than the sum of their parts. It's the last of it's kind, we'll never see its like again. It's a privilege to own one.

20210731_173616.jpg

TerribleExpert

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BMW M3’s, F12, Yaris
Thanks very much for your time replying. I hear what your saying. I doubt I'll ever get it on the edge if I am honest. I just love the presence of them, she will see the tarmac, probs about 1000 miles a year maybe if that, but i'll keep it ticking over :-D

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
Acid is one of only a few made so exclusivity. 17k isn't exactly high miles..
I think this is one of 2 UK cars in Acid, and this one had the ID interior too. I can direct you to the seller if anyone wants to chat.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Acid is one of only a few made so exclusivity. 17k isn't exactly high miles..
Ive only ever seen one Vee and it was Acid Yellow. It was parked at the side of the road in Leyland, Lancashire. It was absolutely stunning. I wish I'd stopped now and had a good look at it but I was in a hurry to get home.

TerribleExpert

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BMW M3’s, F12, Yaris
I've had a nightmare getting the finance for this, I think the car price is putting off lenders....

Got it sorted now but had to go sub prime and its an extortionate rate and it is starting to make the whole thing look a lot more expensive.

Can I ask if people think the car is worth the money as I am debating waiting for the Acid one on CC now as surely that will be starting with a 7?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are you planning it as an investment or actually using it.

I wouldnt be spending 80+ on a Clio v6 unless I had a vast collection...

A Porsche gt4 would be better imo

TerribleExpert

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BMW M3’s, F12, Yaris
Are you planning it as an investment or actually using it.

I wouldnt be spending 80+ on a Clio v6 unless I had a vast collection...

A Porsche gt4 would be better imo

I'll use it probably 1000 miles a year at the most, probably half that as I will just potter around town etc during the summer months in it.

I've got way too many cars so I try and spread the usage over them to save the mileage, but I do like a clean mint condition car. I'll PPF whichever straight away.

Just starting to wonder if this is massively over priced.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
15   0   0
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I'll use it probably 1000 miles a year at the most, probably half that as I will just potter around town etc during the summer months in it.

I've got way too many cars so I try and spread the usage over them to save the mileage, but I do like a clean mint condition car. I'll PPF whichever straight away.

Just starting to wonder if this is massively over priced.

People thought they were over priced when I sold mine for £20k. There’s not many cars I’d call a proper investment but these are firmly in that camp, you’ll never see anything like them again.

I love Cayman GT4’s but you could go out tomorrow and buy a dozen, not many of these about.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Clio trophy
That LY is priced at the absolute top of the market.

the acid yellow one on CC looks good and i expect go for less than 85k.

these low mile cars really need a few hundred miles a year max imo

Depends how deep your pockets are but i’d prob get a mk2 one for say 45k ish and just keep your miles low on it.

But on condition personally.

TerribleExpert

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BMW M3’s, F12, Yaris
Is subprime finance really worth the cost? Personally I wouldn’t be financing at an extortionate rate on a V6 or any car for that matter. There must be better ways to fund it

@Sir_Dave anything you can help
With?

Totally get what your saying but its only temporary, special reasons ;)

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d speak to Sir Dave. He’s a bit of a finance guru. Ultimately if you want the car it’s one of those ‘f**k it’ life decisions. Just bloody do it, we are all along time dead

TerribleExpert

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BMW M3’s, F12, Yaris
I’d speak to Sir Dave. He’s a bit of a finance guru. Ultimately if you want the car it’s one of those ‘f**k it’ life decisions. Just bloody do it, we are all along time dead

Exactly that mate, no point being the richest corpse in the graveyard so to speak. Mad cars these, I'm a big fan of LY but the more I think about this the more the price is mental. If an AY with 980 miles was £77k ish 6 months ago then i am struggling to see this at its asking.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly that mate, no point being the richest corpse in the graveyard so to speak. Mad cars these, I'm a big fan of LY but the more I think about this the more the price is mental. If an AY with 980 miles was £77k ish 6 months ago then i am struggling to see this at its asking.
They aren’t rarely bought to be used as cars nowadays it seems, just investment opportunities. It’s a shame, but arguably the way it is nowadays

TerribleExpert

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BMW M3’s, F12, Yaris
Surely they can't rise THAT much more though to make them a proper investment opportunity, I would imagine the time has been and gone for that.

Can you ever see a 6k miles Vee being worth £125k?! Maybe in 10 years perhaps but then thats not a great investment as you could have earnt more elsewhere without the upkeep costs. I'm just selling one of my M3 CSL's at the moment for this reason, its £2k a year in storage and insurance plus service every 24 months and I'm afraid to use it because the paint is all original etc, its a bit silly. Oh and I'd rather look at my black CSL with a yellow V6 next to it :LOL:(y)

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
People thought they were over priced when I sold mine for £20k. There’s not many cars I’d call a proper investment but these are firmly in that camp, you’ll never see anything like them again.

I love Cayman GT4’s but you could go out tomorrow and buy a dozen, not many of these about.

I'm a big Clio v6 fan boy...this is currently being restored (my dad's)

IMG-20220204-WA0006.jpg

I get what you're saying about the gt4 same you could go buy a gt3 or any car for that matter I was more meaning residuals on a gt4/3 Porsche more then anything

TerribleExpert

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BMW M3’s, F12, Yaris

View attachment 1580898

I get what you're saying about the gt4 same you could go buy a gt3 or any car for that matter I was more meaning residuals on a gt4/3 Porsche more then anything
This is awesome!

what restoration work does it need out of interest?
You dads a legend having that!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
15   0   0
  M2,XJS,S1000RR

View attachment 1580898

So was I mate. These will out perform Cayman GT4’s easily.
Theres 63 GT4’s for sale on auto trader, 3 V6’s.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  V6 255, 182 Trophy

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Just noticed the Acid Yellow has gone live on Collecting Cars today.
Already at 70k with 6 days to go!