ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M140 Thread

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Im tempted for a 240i as a daily if the prices go back to normal ! They are still far to high most of them !

Was considering an M4 but for the spec i want and for just a daily that will spend most its time on the drive i cant really justify it , im sure a 240i will give me enough fun and i want an auto for a daily being the main objective.

My findings from looking for one for my Dad, is that they're absolutely gash spec wise. That or they're bins.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Stage 2.5
brooklyn99-brooklyn-nine-nine.gif

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Having done a bit of research on this, most would call it 'Stage 2+/Stage2+E'. Yeah, I know, I hate the whole Stage 99.765 too.

In short, its a decat/sports cat, upgraded fuel pump and then a map. He may or may not also have a flex fuel sensor to detect ethanol content but thats secondary.

What I can say though is that for under a grand, doing 100-200 pulls in the 7's is f**king ballastic.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice.

If you've already got the bolt-ons and ethanol kit it's hybrid turbo time 😍 Pure turbos one should get you to about 600 whp iirc? Or at least stage 3.37.

What's been done LSD/Suspension wise?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I genuinely don't see the point, hard enough getting to use 360hp on the road never mind twice that. I mean it's great, "go team!" but realistically why?

I feel like I'm being a negative Nancy, I don't mean to be by the way.

I mean if I drive the M3, 2nd gear will see me in serious trouble let alone the other 5 gears and thats only 415hp.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I genuinely don't see the point, hard enough getting to use 360hp on the road never mind twice that. I mean it's great, "go team!" but realistically why?

I feel like I'm being a negative Nancy, I don't mean to be by the way.

I mean if I drive the M3, 2nd gear will see me in serious trouble let alone the other 5 gears and thats only 415hp.
i get were you are coming from, i can see both sides, but not very often at all i stay planted after 3rd in mine.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i get were you are coming from, i can see both sides, but not very often at all i stay planted after 3rd in mine.
Yeah, I can see both sides I just genuinely don't see the point. "Yeah, it's got stage 3"... your car has cancer? s**t, sorry to hear that.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
There is no point, not for a daily, not for driving on the road. But if it's not a daily and you use it on track/drag strips and have all the auxiliary stuff done why not.

Been reading a bit about the Ultima Evolution, 800kg-ish car with 480 bhp of you choose the smallest engine option. Over 1000 bhp if you choose the biggest. Mostly willy waving though because on paper it's faster than a Tesla Plaid, but in practice you'll never get the power down and it's totally undriveable. 😂

@SOHROB I'm still interested in what's been done exactly though! What power are you running, is it a standard Zf8? How's that coping with the power increase?

Snotter's
Yeah, I can see both sides I just genuinely don't see the point. "Yeah, it's got stage 3"... your car has cancer? s**t, sorry to hear that.
A 320D is all the car you need, no reason to have a 340! Like with most enthusiasts the journey is part of the enjoyment. For most of the week my car doesn't turn a wheel but when i'm in the mood it's nice having something which is a total hooligan.

Snotter's
There is no point, not for a daily, not for driving on the road. But if it's not a daily and you use it on track/drag strips and have all the auxiliary stuff done why not.

Been reading a bit about the Ultima Evolution, 800kg-ish car with 480 bhp of you choose the smallest engine option. Over 1000 bhp if you choose the biggest. Mostly willy waving though because on paper it's faster than a Tesla Plaid, but in practice you'll never get the power down and it's totally undriveable. 😂

@SOHROB I'm still interested in what's been done exactly though! What power are you running, is it a standard Zf8? How's that coping with the power increase?
Power is unknown, i would estimate around 460 on 99 ron and a bit more on e30.
MG flasher software
Scorpion Decat
Osprey V3 intake pipe with MMR panel filter in the stock airbox
Hot climate mod
B58 TU pump
NGK plugs
Scorpion 80mm mid-pipe (not tried any dragy times since fitting)
ZF8 with XHP - they handle stage 2+ fine
Stock suspension but it does have the adaptive dampers, my previous passive damped 140 was switched out to Bilstein B14's underbody brace etc but haven't felt the need on this (not sure if a combination of it being 3 door and the adaptive suspension helps)

In the dry it hooks up fairly well on PS5's

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
A 320D is all the car you need, no reason to have a 340! Like with most enthusiasts the journey is part of the enjoyment. For most of the week my car doesn't turn a wheel but when i'm in the mood it's nice having something which is a total hooligan.
Not really there's a difference between having a nice sounding car with a good bit of power to driving a w**k sounding 4 pot diesel, which is f**k all use to me because I don't need fuel economy or drive long distances. You're comparing apples and oranges, I'm just saying I don't see the point in so much power, when you literally can't use 50% of it. However, it is your car and your money.