ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MacBook Air Issue

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Think it's about 12/18 months old. Now water was spilt on it and we assumed it was knackered.

But, it works. Only If you leave the charger plugged in. Battery status bar is stuck at 59% and poor battery.

So.

1. Can you replace the battery?.
2. This issue wasn't there before flood.
3. Is it worth doing 1.

Thanks

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Definitely worth doing. Any other faults. It's out of warranty essentially anyway because the water mark will be activated.

Simple you tube will show you what to do and probably where to buy.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ok thanks. It's not mine but assuming it's all good. Seems that way with browsing etc.

Do you think the water damage will have knackered the battery. As apposed the brain that says its not charged etc.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Difficult to say really. Independent mac or pc repair company would be a decent port of call. Reputable anyway.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Download Coconut Battery.

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 20.49.49.png

Once you have done this take a look at the iFixit website as they do amazing vides and step by step guides on how to do stuff.

What year is the MacBook Air ?

In the last few weeks I have changed my CD Drive to a 750HD and put my 512SSD into it also.
Changed the battery and swapped my RAM over to run 16gb

Its all easy enough to do if you watch some of the guides but make sure its a decent guide and not a guy in his bedroom with a kitchen knife.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers. Think its a couple of years old. Seen a battery on Amazon with good reviews at £60