ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Macbook pro battery "service critical"

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i have apple care, and i have just been on the phone to them. They got me to do some sort of battery reset by pressing loads of keys and the battery still says service critical.

Coconut battery says I have 4481 MAh, 249 load cycles and 78% capacity.

The man at apple care says I need to book a "genuis bar" appointment at my local apple store to find out what the problem is but the battery isn;t covered by Apple care. Now I was sure when I bought my macbook over a year ago that I was told it was covered, but I have been told that I will probably have to pay for a replacement.

Obviously I am not too happy about this and would like to know if anyone else has had there battery fail and if I can force apple into replacing my battery free of charge?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Cheers james, I will get myself to an apple store and hope they replace it!

Gouldy - correct they dont have easily swappable batteries and to retain my applecare warranty i have to get an authorised dealer to swap it.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
How is mine doing?

ScreenShot2013-01-12at194349_zps67227eed.gif

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Mine;

Charge Information:
Charge Remaining (mAh): 4525
Fully Charged: No
Charging: No
Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 6418
Health Information:
Cycle Count: 63
Condition: Normal
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): -991
Voltage (mV): 7812

(Mine's an air though, not a Pro)

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Do you fully discharge and full recharge at all?

When my capacity drops, I do a couple of full discharge and recharges, and it puts the capacity back up.

Coconutbattery130113_zps8bc3bd37.jpg

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Before I got chance to take it to an apple store the battery seems to have stopped deciding that its broken and the capacity has increased!