ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mackerfly"s Daily DCi

VW ID.3
Cause it's raining outside I thought I'd finally start a project thread for my Clio, got it in June last year when it got traded in at the place I used to work at, so got it for an alright price.

Heres a few pics just after I had gotten it, polished it with Lime Prime to tidy it up a bit and applied 2 coats of Bouncers 22.

At this point it was completely standard and it stayed that way until some 172 wheels came up for sale n here and I grabbed them.
They were in good nick just needed a clean up, so before I fitted them I tried to get them as good as I could.

Only took photo of this one, some slight curbing but alright, heres the inside of the wheel.

Once I got them all washed and de-tarred I was left with this, I took photos in order of worst to best.

So after work at night and at the weekend I spent too much time to admit to get them looking better, the 2 best ones didn't take much so I spent most
of my time of the worst ones and it was starting to pay off.

As you can see.
The wheels were starting to look good and I got as much brake dust off as I could so it was time for only one thing, yeap you guessed it, a polish.
I used Gtechniq P1 on a Sonus orange polishing pad on the wheel face and on the inside rim.

Before you ask, yes I did polish them inside and they look great for it.
Now there was only one LSP worthy in my mind to use after I had put this much effort in and that was GTechniq EXO v1 (this was back in december and v2 wasn't released or even hinted of back then)

The centre caps also got the same treatment.

The wheels did come with a few tyres fitted but one had been ran flat on so I went and got 4 new Hankook K115's to fit to them, luckily I'm a Technician and had access to the fitting machine myself,
cause I certainly was going to put my trust in anybody else to fit the tyres.
Heres some pics as I was fitting them of the inside, worst to best order again.

I also added a little detail to them.

And that takes it up to just before christmas.

VW ID.3
Over Christmas I was off from work because they always closed during the holiday, which gave me a lot of time to spend on my car.
The day after boxing day I picked some Xenon headlights up from Hucknall which is only a small trip for me.
They were in good condition, no damage to them but as you can see the lenses were starting to fade.

Not in the condition I was willing to the clio, so a bit of wet sanding was in order.

1000grit

2000grit

4000grit

And polished up

and repeated for the other headlight.

Before

1000grit

2000grit

4000grit

And polished up

Then I took them inside so I could get them up to temp ready for EXO, heres a photo of one of the headlights once EXO had been applied

I also fitted some Eibach sportline springs over christmas but didn't take any photos of them.

Then in March I managed to get a free sample of GTechniq C2v3 to trail prior to it being released

And it beads as good as it looks.

And thats pretty much up to date, I've serviced it in the mean time but I've also changed jobs, so I've gone from doing 4 miles a day to 30 miles, so I might put the standard springs back for comfort.

Very tidy pal! Just got my hands on a DCI so I'll be keeping one eye on your thread to see where it all goes! I definitely plan on swapping the alloys and headlights in a similar way to yourself.

​Any performance plans?

VW ID.3
I have brought an intercooler and pipework for it cause mines only the 65 version but because my coolant and air con radiators are one piece so it won't fit.
​any performance plans for yours? a remap should see around the 120hp mark.

I always though the intercooler etc was a straight fit from the 80 to the 65?

Just the remap for now, get rid of the torque limiter and aim about 115-120bhp. Don't really fancy pushing it to the 130bhp mark, thats when injectors/clutch etc start getting to their limits.

VW ID.3
Yeah it would be a straight fit if I didn't have air con from factory, the condenser and radiator are one unit and the intercooler is ment to fit inbetweeners them.
i might be putting it back to standard in the next 6 months to a year when I get it ready to sell, so watch out the for sale threads for the parts.