ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Magnex Twin 3.5 on 172 - dangly

Ive just had a magnex cat-back twin 3.5" exhaust fitted to my Cup at Demon Tweeks. It seems to slope downwards underneath the car and so exits about 1" under the rear bumper - does anyone know how to improve the fitting so it will be horizontal and therefore need a cut out in the rear bumper? The guys at Demon Tweeks say it cant be done - but can it?

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

All of the other Magnex exhausts Ive seen sit below the rear bumper. I believe this is how they are designed.

It may be possible to get it to sit higher by making up some custom mounting brackets but I wouldnt know for sure without having a good look.

Lee

BMW M2C

I had mine fitted by Demon Tweeks when I had a 172. The first time they did it they didnt take long, it hung far too low and sat too far back. Heres how it looked the first time: http://www.leemather.plus.com/images/Newclio/index.htmlLink

It really got on my nerves that it didnt fit well so I took it back. They spent 2 hours messing and cutting, in the end taking 10mm out of the centre section. This is how it fitted in the end. I was happy with the result. http://www.leemather.plus.com/images/Clio280304/index.htmlLink

They can do it, they just cant be arsed. I told them Id had mates fit their own exhausts better than the so called Pros, the workshop manager came and had a look and agreed it didnt sit right, so they sorted it.

Lee

Thats one thing about R.J.M. in Glenrothes they did all the..........work like fitting more hangers first time of asking..............superb job and you can pick and choose the sound you want.................and thats what CUSTOM made should be..................exactly what you want.

Cya Stu

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

EASY FIX.

The rubber mount for the backbox has 4 holes in it. The two holes that you are using are the furthest apart. Take the rubber mount off turn through 90 degrees and refit using the 2 holes closest together. This makes the exhaust snug against the bumper and looks so much better.

I used to have to keep refitting the mount as it used to always slide off but now it been fine ever since.

R.J.M. (Powerflow) fitted another hanger closer to the back of the box and its now solid and sits perfect.

Cya Stu

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by EVOgone on 02 May 2005
EASY FIX.The rubber mount for the backbox has 4 holes in it. The two holes that you are using are the furthest apart. Take the rubber mount off turn through 90 degrees and refit using the 2 holes closest together. This makes the exhaust snug against the bumper and looks so much better.I used to have to keep refitting the mount as it used to always slide off but now it been fine ever since.

I tried that with mine before taking it back. It caused it to be too high and rattled against the heatshield.

'18 Megane dci

Mine was fitted at Demon Tweeks too, was also about an inch under the bumper at first, just told them it was too low and they moved it up a bit...

http://www.rsclio.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/dt.jpg

This was about 2 weeks after fitting, the slightly lower right pipe has now moved to the same level as the left on its own over the last 12 months. Sounds lovely now with a Janspeed sports cat! :)

Thanks again. Pics are a very clear indication that it can be sorted, and thanks for the encouragement to get Demon Tweeks to lift it up a bit. Id post some pics but I dont seem to be able to upload anything these days!

Ta

GR7

Shiny red R32

I also have the same exhaust and thanks to Lee and speaking to the people at Demon Tweeks, the guys at my local garage fitted mine and like Lee had done to his, they cut off about 10mm from the inner side of the back box and it sits OK. I just wish the pipes were smaller in diameter though!

Just tell the Demon Tweeks guys that they did a brilliant job of Lees exhaust and you want yours to look the same and I am positive they will do it. You would have thought that as they are familiar with fitting this exhaust on the 172 that they would have remembered to take off the 10mm. I dont think the guarantee is affected by this because Magnex realise that an exhaust has to be trimmed sometimes to get a good fit.