ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MAJOR or minor

Clio Williams2

Just bought an M reg clio 16v on 78000 miles (just got spotted sideways in it by a copper too on the way home round a smallish roundabout but he was going other way, I used to have an RT so kind of already have a feel for her, I love the handling!)

Anyway the brakes are knackered - not a good start i know - the ABS light comes on now and again and if I break hard the whole car judders pretty fiercly but doesnt slow down much, Im taking it to renault tommorow, will this be expensive? theres a load of fluid around the PS reservoir....that reminds me I think Ive spotted that in the Heynes manual before, gonna check it out.

Anyway, guess Im more of a proper member now. Roll on the track days!

Congrats!

Leaking reservoir is common and nothing to worry about, small hole in cap. tis all.

Brakes - sounds like warped discs, new discs and pads should sort!

unsure about the ABS light thou as mine aint got it.

if you go to ren it will be expensive, if you whack on new ones cause the old ones are warped, new discs and pads will only cost you 70 quid, from ren its probably 200+

Clio Williams2

Cheers, Ive got a friend at whos a mechanic at renault ive been meaning to reaquaint with...handy timing. I might see if hell have a look over it for free and tell me what needs replacing.

Ill let you know verdict tommorow.