ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Major water issues - HELP ASAP!!!

Black 172 ph2
Noticed the other day that when slowing down or accelerating there is some water sloshing sound in my car. At first i thought it was coming from the washer bottle then found out that my passanger footwell and under the seat is soaking wet.

Under the passanger seat there are two raised holes that look like they are mount points and i think the water that is in the car is coming out through those when stopping or acclerating!!

There seems to be water (alot of it now) in my sill or floorpan and i need to work out where it is getting in from then also drain the water that is stuck.

Any suggestions???

I get the same sort of noise coming from the passenger side of my ph1 when i go above 50 or so, im not sure what the problem is.

Black 172 ph2
I only get it when accelerating or slowing down hard. Spounds like a fish tank is in my sill/under my car. By the rear jacking point also it is very wet and when touched the water comes out but i cant find where it is coming in from.

Black 172 ph2
Ive checked the scuttle and that is fine. How can the water get trapped in the sills? How does it get in there?

Mondeo TDCI 130
Water gets bloody everywhere, it only takes a seam somewhere to not be sealed and it will make its way in!! My valver was bloody awful when i got it. there were no drains so ended up drilling a hole in the rear of the sill and jacking it up, then filled it with waxoyl to stop it rusting!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Yea the sills could be filled up. it mostly leaks in though seams as said proberly a seam at the front wheel arch somewhere

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Mine let in water through a small hole in the rubber seal on the roof above the rear side window.