ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Making an offer - 172 Cup

Afternoon all,

Ive been driving past this 172 Cup for years. It lives at a farm just down the road from my house. It’s got a chunk out of the o/s front wing, absolutely covered in mould, just ticked over 100k miles and the alloys need a refurb.

That’s my ‘weird guy walking past the car’ assessment from 6 feet away 😂

Having checked the history, it looks to have just gone through an MOT a month ago with just one advisory (worn tyres) and the last few are for things like worn brakes. Nothing horrible.

The MOT history shows it doing circa 300 miles a year for the last 3 or 4 years!

So, today I’ve bitten the bullet and left a note on the car asking them to call me if they would like to sell.

Am I mad? What’s a 100k tatty Cup worth these days, £2,500?

Pictures (hope the owner isn’t on here 🙈):

BFAE08B6-2A82-40E3-B118-D74E0D339CC8.jpeg

10D7355D-BA46-4B8E-9ED1-83DB5C3A77EE.jpeg

07F1B919-3962-45AC-8B4E-2BDE2945FEC6.jpeg

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Worth a shot, if its rust free (bet it isn't) it's easily worth that

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I’d be happy to take it on as a small restoration/ spruce up project provided it’s worth the effort.

As a minimum bet it needs belts, wing, service, wheel refurb, decent tyres. Then all the other bits you find on top of that. 1 - 1.5k with the mileage imo.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks alright but you’ve got to question how much the guy looks after it if he just leaves it on the road like that.

I’d say 2k is more reasonable depending what it needs.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sorry, just noticed the wing as well.

f**k 2k - £1500 at best.
I just bought one about the same condition (but a non runner (that I fixed in less than 15 seconds) and no MOT) for a grand.

For £2500 I’d expect a reasonably tidy one or an immaculate one needing belts.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Not for sale I'd say. He must have some emotional connection if he mot's it every year but does nothing else with it. It's not exactly in a field rotting away and mobility scooters cost a fortune so low balling won't get you anywhere I don't think. Be interesting if you do hear from them though.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I read your first post as you were going to offer 2.5k? There was a really tidy non runner on here for 1k couple of weeks ago, that was a bargain.

1 - 1.5k as it is. They break for more than that especially with original cat and Turinis.

£500 I reckon he will tell you to jog on! Although don't ask, don't get so you never know!!

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I would ask him how much to part with it as he might say cheaper than you think. I think saying £500 is a joke tbf and a middle finger rightly deserved. Ask yourself if it was yours then what would you want for it and then that would be roughly your buying price. Also worth considering what comes with it like history, keys, v5 etc. If it ticks the boxes I would say £1000-1200

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
End of the day if he is using it I agree £500 is a slap in the face, what's he gonna get for £500?

If it were sat there doing nothing then maybe but its being used.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Look at it this way, if it's on the original cat it's worth £570 on its own

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Feel free to sell it to me for £1k then. You beat me to it 😂
It’s long gone. Just punted it on as it was.

Sold it to a mate that loves doing up old stuff so it will live another day. But it was too far gone to make it financially viable.

A mouse had chewed through the loom, Belts, dephaser, all 4 wheels, 4 tyres, shocks, springs, front bumper repair, whole front end repaint, spare key.... that was before I even got it on a ramp so it had to go.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
least desirable mk2 as well, awful colour, totally poverty spec, not a thing going for them :p
It's all a out the Flamers and Odysseys😉

I actually dont get cups though, yeah yeah, weight loss and all that but those seats🤮. I use to have a little battle with a lad in one on my way home when I had my 182ff, I'm a twig of a human admittedly but he wasn't getting the better of me ever.

Clio 172 cup
Nice of them to tell you how many pages are in the drivers handbook, the service book, the radio handbook, child safety book, network list etc.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
£13k cup here.
Probably stating the obvious but thats this car isnt it....https://cliosport.net/threads/1-owner-clio-cup-172-21k-miles-whats-it-worth.833150/page-2

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Probably stating the obvious but thats this car isnt it....https://cliosport.net/threads/1-owner-clio-cup-172-21k-miles-whats-it-worth.833150/page-2
Yeah , it's the same car.
Looks like @jong didn't keep it long after 2 years of persistence , for some reason.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
As said if it's been on a farm it will be rotten as f**k underneath all the silage and muck on the roads will soon see it off and farmers only ever sell anything when its proper fucked!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
As said if it's been on a farm it will be rotten as f**k underneath all the silage and muck on the roads will soon see it off and farmers only ever sell anything when its proper fucked!
Agree with this, never ever buy anything from a farmer (unless it’s food I guessJ.

I bought my house off a farmer, every job I do results in 4 more to undo his bodges. Never again.

When a carpet fitter came around he took one look at the old carpet, looked at me and said “farmer” 😂

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Haha. Who’s the farmer on here that claims they are all skint and rolls around in the new M ? 😂

Update on the request: No calls thus far

He’s probably binned it

The car or your note?! :D

Reactions: Ben