ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Making an offer - 172 Cup

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
my mate has a mk2 golf gti 16v on bbs split rims thats sat outside on his mums drive for 10 years or so. he gets notes and folk coming to his mums door all the time asking to buy it, it seems to make him very angry.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I would totally ignore that car. It'll be unloved and a money pit.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
My only experience of asking if someone wants to sell something that isn't actually for sale was met with a pretty abrupt reaction. I get it if you're constantly being asked it would become annoying but this was a rusty old farm cart turntable only just visible in the brambles, still there now nearly ten years on.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
To be fair, Paul (@Harpham) from back in the day got his sunflower by randomly asking the owner if he could buy it after driving past it every week for years.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
My only experience of asking if someone wants to sell something that isn't actually for sale was met with a pretty abrupt reaction. I get it if you're constantly being asked it would become annoying but this was a rusty old farm cart turntable only just visible in the brambles, still there now nearly ten years on.
Like an episode of American Pickers

Went with a friend once to ask a farmer if a Mk1 fiesta that was rotting in his front garden was for sale. Had been there for ages.

It wasn’t. He said had no interest in it, but wouldn’t sell it. Didn’t explain why and didn’t appreciate the interest

To prevent us asking again he made it clear by piling cow s**t on it - actual s**t up over the bonnet, screen and up to the roof.

Perhaps it was sentimental.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Went with a friend once to ask a farmer if a Mk1 fiesta that was rotting in his front garden was for sale. Had been there for ages.

It wasn’t. He said had no interest in it, but wouldn’t sell it. Didn’t explain why and didn’t appreciate the interest

To prevent us asking again he made it clear by piling cow s**t on it - actual s**t up over the bonnet, screen and up to the roof.

Perhaps it was sentimental.
I dont get that at all, no interest in it but not wanting to sell it. That's real farmer mentality, I'm surrounded by farmers my dad being one of them!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I dont get that at all, no interest in it but not wanting to sell it. That's real farmer mentality, I'm surrounded by farmers my dad being one of them!
They’re all the same. Proper hoarders.

I should have been a farmer. 😂

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Was a really nice cup close to me, I put a note on the window and never heard anything back then it arrived on scumtree a few weeks ago after being written off, #CupKillingSeason

Thread bump!!!

Guess who’s just called me asking for me to come view the car tomorrow? 😂

Wife wants it sold and my number has been in her handbag. Apparently it’s on about 115k miles. Wants me to make an offer.

Thoughts? If it needs a service and body work, thinking around £2.5k. Does this seem reasonable?

Just drove past it. Front bumper is still on the c**k.

He mentioned that he doesn’t need to sell it and he will just put it in storage etc etc. Why ring me then? Ha. Also going on about one one eBay for £15k…. Might offer him £1500 and stand back.

3CD780AB-ECBF-41CC-8824-96160B01EAF6.jpeg

2BD65E07-D972-4687-A50B-C657D67E5DDA.jpeg

CCEA8A71-F49E-438C-A1C1-B7922582450D.jpeg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
£1500-2000, if he wants much more laugh and walk away. Tell his wife he's taking the piss, at least she'll give him an earful.

Has it got any service history, at that age/miles you'll wanna do the waterpump and dephaser along with the belts, could easily put a grand in the engine on service jobs.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
What's going on with the front end? Bumper is poorly fitted and has been Resprayed by the looks of it, no black infill stickers.

Just got back. Every panel either has a dent, paint/lacquer peel, or a scrape.

Wheels all need a refurb, paint is peeling.

Under the bonnet there was more muck and hay than his field.

No history of a cambelt being done in his ownership (last 7 years).

I offered him a grand - which frankly I think was generous- even the roof was dented.

No surprise but he declined. Probably saved myself a lot of hassle to be fair.

DF638A38-5BDE-4084-AA99-4D32B1947D9C.jpeg

Farmer though, who has a shed. Says he will put it in the shed for 5 years and forget about it :rolleyes: Bet Mrs farmer was pleased when he told her he’d turned a grand down for his French rotbox.