ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Man in a BT Van hit me

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
Turning right at a mini roundabout, he decided to keep going and straight into the side of my car.
Lucky i had witnesses who watched him drive into me.
Take a look at the damage

806257[/ATTACH]"]
SANY0247.jpg

806259[/ATTACH]"]
SANY0240.jpg

806261[/ATTACH]"]
SANY0243.jpg

806263[/ATTACH]"]
SANY0244.jpg

806265[/ATTACH]"]
SANY0245.jpg

806267[/ATTACH]"]
SANY0241.jpg

806269[/ATTACH]"]
SANY0246.jpg

806271[/ATTACH]"]
SANY0247.jpg

Attachments

• SANY0247.jpg
    SANY0247.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 69
  • SANY0240.jpg
    SANY0240.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 72
  • SANY0243.jpg
    SANY0243.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 82
  • SANY0244.jpg
    SANY0244.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 68
  • SANY0245.jpg
    SANY0245.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 69
  • SANY0241.jpg
    SANY0241.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 73
  • SANY0246.jpg
    SANY0246.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 74
  • SANY0247.jpg
    SANY0247.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 69
  Clio Trophy
yup, sorry mate but by looks of it thats going to be a washing machine soon :(

think about a claim and recover all costs and get urself a wee 200

Clio 182
Bloody hell mate-one hell of an impact! Sorry to see the bad news about the car. Hope your ok!
Good news to hear you have a witness and I hope it works in your favour!

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Jeez! Did the van even bother slowing down at all for the roundabout? Doesn't look like it!

On a related note, I hate roundabouts, especially busy mini ones and those ones with traffic lights on, purely because no-one else seems able to use them properly. They're all accidents waiting to happen. Hope it all gets sorted quickly, and that's a good thing about having a witness, and the fact it's a company may mean it gets sorted a bit quicker. Got a friend who was hit by a bus and the gf was hit by a delivery van and both got sorted really swiftly. :)

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Looking at your pictures it is definitely an insurance write-off :dapprove:

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
The company is collecting it tomorrow to crush it. Really loved my Clio always brings a smile to my face when i see/drive it...... Not in the current state though :(

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
very very lucky that you've got a witness, crash on a round-a-bout and without an independent witness it will almost certainly end up going the route of the olde insurance 50/50...

can't you demand for the car to be fixed at their insure's cost....

oh and did you get injured mentally or physically

M135i
The company is collecting it tomorrow to crush it. Really loved my Clio always brings a smile to my face when i see/drive it...... Not in the current state though :(

They're crushing it already?

Didn't realise insurance companies moved so quickly on these things nowadays.

I'd have thought you'd be waiting around for a few weeks whilst they investigate everything.

Glad you're okay anyway. I take it you were driving alone and didn't have a passenger?

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Sooo, he indicated right, went straight on instead... On a mini round about... you still pulled out and turned left? on a mini round about?

very very lucky that you've got a witness, crash on a round-a-bout and without an independent witness it will almost certainly end up going the route of the olde insurance 50/50...
Even with a witness it could go 50/50 as it was on a roundabout. Something to do with previous case, Grace vs Tanner where both parties have equal responsibilities on roundabouts. Just be aware of the insurance company trying this one on.

172DD Cup
Sooo, he indicated right, went straight on instead... On a mini round about... you still pulled out and turned left? on a mini round about?

from what i read the op indicated right at a mini roundabout and turned right, the van coming the opposite direction hit him in the side when he should have stopped to give way.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
I read the op as 'I was on the roundabout turning right, the van decided to come onto the roundabout and hit me from the side'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvJBNiEVSug
This but with a car instead of a bicycle.

I hope you were indicating.

But at least you're all good!

KMB

Clio 200 Cup

The dent is on the passenger side of the car so clearly not his fault with Give Way rules?

Not a major impact at all TBH. I often wish more people were aware of what happens in low speed incidents. It might make them more cautious of proper accidents.

100% write off.

350z, Subaru Legacy
That is nasty, glad you´re ok!

So did the van stop then? I definitely do not work for BT... :dead: (runs and hides in corner)

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
They're crushing it already?

Didn't realise insurance companies moved so quickly on these things nowadays.

I'd have thought you'd be waiting around for a few weeks whilst they investigate everything.

Glad you're okay anyway. I take it you were driving alone and didn't have a passenger?

I was on the phone for about an hour with Admiral and the company sorting my courtesy car out. I informed them what had happened, they told me it would be a write off and that it would be taken away. A couple of hours later i get a call from the salvage firm who said they will pick it up tomorrow morning.... My first ever crash and everything has gone through really quickly

If they are a decent company they may let you take some parts off of it (not sure on the legalities of this but when my GF's corsa was written off we went back to the impound lot for stereo and speakers)?! Maybe the 3 decent wheels and the spare out of the boot to make a set (and flog them on here), exhaust if your running non standard, mats etc...

Have to double check that though (do the insurance company get the whole car to crush or can you take anything of value first)! And not sure if the hassle would be worth your trouble if you will get a full pay out.

182 Ly ff.
My 106 was a write off and they let me get whatever I wanted from inside the car, had a stereo sub amp RCA leads etc. Suppose it won't matter too much when it's getting crushed! :dapprove: