ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Manchester Newbie 182

Hello people...thought id join as tomorrow ill be going to collect my very first clio, its a 54 plate 182 in silver w/ anthracite wheel, 36k miles, looong awaited upgrade from my saxo vtr. Cant wait! :D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Nice step-up from a Saxo VTR! I went from Punto GT to my 182 over 9 years ago and I definitely noticed the improvement. You'll be doubling your power I would have thought? :)

As Chi says - make sure the belts have been done or factor-in some money if they need doing. Birchdown in Malpas is definitely worth the 50+ mile trek, dependant on whereabouts you are in Manchester.

D.

Nice step-up from a Saxo VTR! I went from Punto GT to my 182 over 9 years ago and I definitely noticed the improvement. You'll be doubling your power I would have thought? :)

As Chi says - make sure the belts have been done or factor-in some money if they need doing. Birchdown in Malpas is definitely worth the 50+ mile trek, dependant on whereabouts you are in Manchester.

D.

Yes, definatly a massive improvement! im over the moon with it as ive been looking for ages for a clean one. And as it turned out the belts and dephaser havnt been done, there are no unusual noises but ill booking it in somewhere this week hopefully, cars pretty much imacculate so i want a propper job doing.
On a plus note i managed to knock the guy down 500 quid off the asking price so that will hopefully pay for belts a dephaser to be done. Bonus.

any advice on what other parts im likely to need except for belts, tensioners and dephaser? Thanks in advance :)