ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Manual Headlight Adjustment?

ex-Fiat Coupe 20VT
My driver's side headlight seems to be angled a lot lower than the passenger one on my Ph1 172. Is there any way of adjusting them independently? Or is it likely that the electrical connection to it has broken so it is sat at the lowest position whilst the other is set correctly?

Any advice appreciated

Brewster :)

Clio 1.4 16v Billabong
My driver's side headlight seems to be angled a lot lower than the passenger one on my Ph1 172. Is there any way of adjusting them independently? Or is it likely that the electrical connection to it has broken so it is sat at the lowest position whilst the other is set correctly?

Any advice appreciated

Brewster :)

On older cars you could adjust them from behind the light does sound like an electrical connection era?

Sound obvious but have you checked the wires leading into the lights?

ex-Fiat Coupe 20VT
The wires are not the easiest thing to see at the back of the light, so I was looking for advice beofre removing bits from the car unnecessarily. :)

ex-Fiat Coupe 20VT
I couldn't find a Haynes manual that covered the Ph1 172? I found a book for the Mk2 but it only went upto the 1.6 16V. I supose most of the ancillaries might be the same but I begrudged parting with £15 for a book that didn't actually cover my car.

Clio 1.4 16v Billabong
I couldn't find a Haynes manual that covered the Ph1 172? I found a book for the Mk2 but it only went upto the 1.6 16V. I supose most of the ancillaries might be the same but I begrudged parting with £15 for a book that didn't actually cover my car.

I will have a look tonight in mine mate they should be quite similar, i would imagine and i will let you know tomorrow!

I can only imagine the engine and initial drive set up being different.

Clio 1.4 16v Billabong
I had a quick look mate and i couldnt find any standard faults but you can manually adjust the light with the screws on top of the light unit.

Also have you checked the fuses, its not really going to be this but no harm in checking?

ex-Fiat Coupe 20VT
Thanks for looking Drift King. The fuses are fine. I'll just see if I can tweak it up a bit to match the other. It's not like I use the adjustment wheel on the dash anyway. :)

Clio 1.4 16v Billabong
Thanks for looking Drift King. The fuses are fine. I'll just see if I can tweak it up a bit to match the other. It's not like I use the adjustment wheel on the dash anyway. :)

I know lol, dont think i have ever used mine.

Steve

Ph1
Its just a allen key job.

Park the car up against a wall with the lights on and turn screw on the headlight clockwise to raise it.